UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Is there any data on how U Mich admits test optional students?

2 Likes

It has been virtual the last two years. Hopefully for the Class of 2026 they will be in person. My son (class of 2020) did not have any in person activities.

1 Like

Ridiculous. It works out.

My son was admitted early action in 2020 from California. He had a 1390 SAT, 3.8 GPA with a good number of AP and Honor Classes, 4 year XC and track runner, community service and a great portfolio. He also received several Scholastic Art and Writing awards for his art. 2020 wasn’t an ideal year of course but Stamps has in-person classes but then they went virtual in the spring. They usually take about 150 freshman every year. Pre-pandemic, early action decisions came out in December.

Respectfully disagree. The Schissel issue is not going to delay EA news. And, they are predicting over 85,000 apps this year with over 50,000 being EA. Expect more unpredictability in acceptances this year than ever before, here and elsewhere.

does decision only come through in portal or through email?

if our kids get in
 meet up at orientation wknd :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it will come through the portal before the email is sent. the email is usually delayed by a few mins or hours

2 Likes

For the HS seniors in the class 2018, the deferred applicants (they call it postponed now), did learn of their ultimate UM fate shortly after midnight on March 30.

But I do not recall a midnight release for the first wave of EA decisions, if ever, so I would say (based on some experience the last few years) to go to bed as normal tonight :slight_smile:

who else is preparing for a deferral tomorrow lol

14 Likes

:raised_hand:

I am expecting weeks of agony.

4 Likes

Weeks!!!

2 Likes

Not to scare anyone, and I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but there’s always a very small chance that you’re deferred in EA, waitlisted in RD and then hear the final word in June. So months!

2 Likes

International student (China) applying to Stamps.
Female, GPA should be around 4.3W and 3.8UW. Took 6 APs Junior and senior year because our school doesn’t offer that much.
I applied undecided and my portfolio should be well rounded and above average.
Should I be expecting a deferral since most student my background are being deferred?

I saw the page for this year and the receptions are in person so far. The admitted student day has an undecided date and format.

Last year they sent free merch to admitted students who went to online events so would definitely recommend going if they’re offered

3 Likes

My kids would never give me access!

4 Likes

We are expecting a denial.

1 Like

Early apply in Oct., Defer in Jan, Waitlist in Mar., Reject in June. What a school can be so torturing?

Because you paid their application fee of $75, they’d like to give you the fullest possible consideration :slight_smile:

3 Likes