UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

BTW, when I do use these stats, I can’t use WEIGHTED GPA’s, because, for example, here in CA, I don’t think a student can achieve a 4.73 weighted GPA. :smile:

Please post uwGPA’s, if you do post your stats. I don’t even tally (the GPA part) the posts with weighted GPA’s.

2 Likes

So, your D got into Harvard AND Michigan? Wow, very nice.

So I guess it’s possible to get into both Michigan and Harvard w/o being yield protected by Harvard. :smile:

Postponed
OOS New England
3.8/4.7
AP’s
Great essay and LOR
class officer/varsity captain/non- profit

To help out:

Accepted OOS(Tx) to LSA
Dallas area Public School(competitive 6A)
3.92uw, 5.576w (rank 1:678)
Sat 1560(800M)
15 APs (some 5s, some 4s)
Common app personal essay was absolute trash, but the 2 specific UofM essays were decent
Did orchestra for 8 years, won many competitions
Did Academic Decathlon for all 4 years of hs, won 3rd in state with money
Was VP of NHS, prez of Orchestra club, and started a law review club
Family didn’t go to UofM, but all from Michigan so I made it clear I wanted to go back in essays(not sure if it made any difference)

Awaiting Ross BBA decision

4 Likes

when are Ross decisions usually released?

https://michiganross.umich.edu/undergraduate/bba/admissions/admissions-blog/2022/01/13/check-your-email-these-days-2022-michigan

1 Like

Accepted Stamps!!

OOS
3.659 UW
1500 SAT
5 AP Studio Art (2D)
portfolio was definitely what came in clutch

6 Likes

Harvard - Michigan of the East.

5 Likes

Those shirts are available to buy at MDen.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. If I am right, I have one in my closet but probably two sizes small by now. Should fit my S22 if he manages to get accepted from the postponed pool.

Son was postponed.

OOS, LSA
Sat: 1550; math2 & chem: 800, bio-770
11 APs till grade 11 (all 4 & 5); 6 more in senior year
Paper published in pre collegiate journal & nationally ranked top 5 in his speech category.
Asked for LOI and mid year grades.
Strong EC and leadership positions.
Visited UM over summer

Really disappointed

3 Likes

This reference is probably the most well known, media reference. With a partner who has worked at several of the schools listed here, keep in mind there is always “unpublished data”

For a bunch of the postponed applicants, hold on, I think 3 weeks from today you may get an acceptance.

6 Likes

where did this info come from?

2 Likes

How soon should they send in LOCI?

2 Likes

DS postponed – got in NEU; NCSU; UMaimi
SAT 1570; ACT 35;
Full IB and 5 APs
YMCA Swimming since 6y
2 job (PT and tutor)

Can you be deferred by LSA and get accepted by Ross? How are the programs connected?

How do you know, if it’s unpublished? :roll_eyes:

What’s even more remarkable is that a couple days ago, a poster told me not to believe the info contained in the CDS.

1 Like

What info?

No. You have to be accepted by LSA and then your application will reach Ross for review and decision. Read more about it here

https://michiganross.umich.edu/undergraduate/bba/admissions/admissions-blog/2019/12/18/i-was-deferred-u-m-what-does-mean-my-ross