UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Received the email. Also have the option to submit document of continued interest. No more than 250 words.

2 Likes

I do believe an on campus visit makes some degree of difference. It also depends on who your regional contact is. Ours said (repeatedly) they were not doing campus tours or interviews due to Covid. But they didā€¦

I guess so :slight_smile: No hooks at Harvard, so we are still in shock!

thanks, much appreciated

thanks. Your information has been very helpful.

@sushiritto has this been the case even with the late release of decisions compared to December in years prior?

My daughter also was postponed and wanted sport management. 4.2 GPA/33 superscore .

D22 postponed. In-state. CoE. Surprised but not unexpected.

3.91 UW GPA. 8APs. Rigorous course including Calculus BC, AP chemistry, AP physics C, AP computer science principle, AP Lang (she got Bs which dragged her GPA down), AP German.
1490 SAT 750 M
Good ECs, band, community service, work experiences.
Decent essays imo. LOR from German (taught her 4 years) and physics teachers.

Accepted by MSU, Case Western (with generous merit scholarship), and Purdue. Deferred by Northeastern (withdrawn now lol).

Michigan is her top choice. She is handling it quite well.

2 Likes

Me too. My question is if everyone received those instructions or if different applicants got different directions?

Have the postponed applicants received different set of LOCI requirements? My son was asked for 250 word essay and mid term grades by 2/21.

1 Like

Same for my son.

Pre-pandemic, with an pre-Xmas EA release, the RD releases were on or around 2/1, 3/1 and 4/1. So to answer your question, the updated timing seems to be timed with Ross. But I canā€™t promise it. :grinning:

Edit: Ross decisions are released at 5:00 PM EST. RD releases are usually the same time as today, around 3:00 PM EST.

1 Like

They posted on their website when those come out. I believe the first round is 2/18.

1 Like

Did you receive this on a separate email ?
We have not received any email yet than the initial check you status in portal.

1 Like

Congratulations to all who were accepted! That is a big deal! :slight_smile:
My daughter (OOS - Colorado) was deferred LSA.

Same stats as everyone else - 4.9 w/3.99 uw, many AP(all 5s), IB diploma, ECs, 4 years varsity swim, captain, national honors and awards for her work with sexual assault survivors, academic scholarship awarded to be applied where ever she goes to college - I mean, are our kiddos amazing or what? Our future looks BRIGHT, am I right?

I graduated from LSA in '90.

Just curious if all EAs got either in or postponed? Seems that people on this site are honest about stats and outcomes. Havenā€™t seen a single denial post yet. Not wishing a denial on anyone! Just want to know if everyone either got in or postponed and what that will look like for RD. TIA!

2 Likes

It is in the portal

Thatā€™s correct. Rejections are rarely posted and I havenā€™t seen one today.

Did they share the application statistics for EA ( instate vs OOS; acceptance rate etc.)

A lot of people on UNC, NE, Cornell, etc posted about rejections. Not a single one here. Appears no one EA was rejected.

Deferred

In-state

3.417/unweighted

1210 SAT