UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I’m an international student with quite low SAT scores, but I am also deferred. I think they are deferring everyone…

1 Like

D22 got deferred for Engineering. But she is accepted by Purdue FYE HC. Should she continue the race at UMich?

1 Like

congrats

Michigan is a fantastic school and definitely still in the running for my DD despite acceptances at other schools.

1 Like

It will happen if top 10 feeder school

Um Luanne… congratulations and following as this story emerges! Can’t wait to see how it turns out for your S22!

1 Like

any stats on postponed that turn into accepted. I imagine lots of postponed dont even bother waiting and accept elsewhere - wondered out there how many will walk away?

Hey everyone! I applied OOS for Social Science/Humanities to LSA and I was admitted EA!

GPA: W: 4.33/ UW: 4.00 (9 AP, 6 Honors)
SAT: 1440 (710 R&W; 730 Math)
ACT: 32 (30 Math, 32 Reading, 32 English, 33 Science)
AP Scores: 10th: AP Euro: 3
11th: APUSH: 4
AP Calc AB: 3
AP Physics C: 3
12th: Taking 6 exams this year.
EC’s: Academic Decathlon; 4-Year Varsity Volleyball; Mock Trial (Lead Attorney- only 12th); Club Volleyball; Assistant Coach/Team Manager for girls’ program; 4-Year Speech & Debate; Co-Head of Volleyball Instagram pages; EdX online courses. (also added twitch streaming for later apps, but not for mich :slight_smile: )
Awards: Top County Academic Decathlon Scorer; AP Scholar w/Honor; School Outstanding Awards (Academic Decathlon & Debate); School GPA Award.
Essays: Choppy personal statement; pretty good supplements.

100% was expecting a deferral, but so happy I was admitted! Don’t be discouraged if you weren’t admitted now, I have faith you can make it during RD! <3

9 Likes

From your mouth to gods ears.

Accepted lsa oos: 33 superscore, 4.5, mediocre why michigan essay honestly but I think the community/commonapp ones were very strong. Founded debate team with high state/national ranking, designed an app, nhs leadership, president of a a few other clubs and internship related to my major.

6 Likes

My son was admitted! 1580 sats 4.2 gps, OSS. We are so relieved. Looks lots of really amazing students were postponed. There’s lots of gratitude in my house tonight.

13 Likes

This!! Congrats!!

1 Like

Whats the difference between postponed and deferred? Which one has better chances? Is it posted anywhere what the percentages are who get in from that?

Deferred (LSA/Ross)
OOS (MD)
3.86 UW, 35 ACT
13 AP classes
4 yrs varsity athlete, 8 yrs orchestra outside of school, community service, club treasurer, multiple PT jobs

Also deferred at Northeastern
Accepted at UMD, so likely staying in state

Have been watching the thread for the past few days. Great information. Thank you, all!
Daughter just got back from school activities and had been completely oblivious to this. I had to tell her checking the email/portal. Turn out she’s accepted!
OOS (CA)
CoE
4.0 UW
1590 SAT/36 ACT
12 APs all 5
STEM clubs leadership
Two varsity sports, captain
summer internship with universities and some other ECs with regional level awards
LOR from professor supervising her

She’s been bummed out by other rejections so this is quite a relief. For all you candidates on the forum, please keep the hope. You are all awesome and work so hard and don’t let college admission define you.

16 Likes

That Awesome!!! She has pretty good stats. Has she applied to other schools in RD?

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know what the overall acceptance-deferral-rejected stats for this years EA class?

I read somewhere that the deferral rate was 68% and that the acceptance rate was only 14%, can someone verify this?

Thanks a ton :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Pretty good”? I’d say they are stellar!

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes, a few ivies and Cal, UCLA

3 Likes

I meant that :grinning:

1 Like