UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

No. Follow the rules. They don’t want extra emails to go through but you do you

3 Likes

Thank you @Knowsstuff and @DadOfJerseyGirl . I just talked to 2 - 3 students at my school who applied for EA. They got postponed as well. It is unlike prior years based on our school data. Holding on.

I got a email about LSA Honors and I just got an email about a merit scholarship

@knowsstuff - did your son interview w Cornell for 2022 or are you referring to in the past?

I just received a $1500 dollar one time scholarship from the University of Michigan!

11 Likes

Not this cycle

Is the regents scholarship for in state people only?

Congrats. Are u in state or out of state?

For any parents who have had children that went through the CoE program at UofM - was their eligibility for the Honors program delayed? I believe I read somewhere on the website that CoE students could apply for the Honors program after two successful semesters at the university. Did I read that correctly? To all who have contributed to this thread - thank you! We are SO close to a college decision for our S22 and all of this info has been every helpful.

https://honors.engin.umich.edu/

Call or email the person on this link and they can answer your questions.

My son graduated engineering last year. He didn’t do honors. But all engineering students need to do a capstone etc anyway.

If you have questions on engineering, student support, etc let me know. He did Industrial but had friends in other areas like CS etc. You can pm me if you like. Some of the best facilities and faculties in the world…

Thanks so much for the info! My son will be focusing on Chemical Engineering. I would love to chat with you more as I have so many questions. As soon as I can figure out how to PM you, I will.

Thanks, again!

Look like you might of figured it out… Lol

Yeah - I’m a quick learner. LOL

Yes

Your answer awaits… Lol check it out m

My daughter who is a Freshman at COE, her second semester was invited to the Honors program and has her orientation this Friday. She hasn’t decided whether she wants to do it or not.
So yes, COE doesn’t offer honors like LSA does but it’s after you have completed at least 1 term.

2 Likes

does anyone know where the four year lsa scholarships are on the friend account? I got an email about it but can’t find it

Yes, just the box that allows for 250 words.

What would be the advantage of honors? COE has to do a end year Capstone project anyway.

Just curious if there are advantages that I am not thinking of.

Don’t know yet! Based on discussions last year we weren’t planning on looking into it.
This is the email she got

Congratulations on completing your first semester in Michigan Engineering! We know it was especially challenging during a pandemic in a mostly virtual environment. I am writing because we think you might be a great candidate for the Engineering Global Leadership specialization of the Engineering Honors Program

The CoE Honors Program is designed for high achieving students who are looking to challenge themselves and get more out of their experiences at Michigan through specialized academic requirements, an engaging capstone project, leadership development, a strong network, and more!

Students participate in a focus area of interest including: research, design, entrepreneurship, public service, or business/global operations (through the [Engineering Global Leadership specialization]

We are holding a Virtual Information Session for first-year students about the Engineering Honors Program on Friday, February 4th from 6:00pm-7:30pm via Zoom. At the Information Session you will connect with current Honors students and learn about the program and application process. Please RSVP at the link below:

[RSVP for Info Session](https://umich-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com

In the meantime, feel free to visit us for walk-in peer advising every weekday from 1:00pm to 5:00pm in 251 Chrysler Center to hear from current Honors students about their experiences in the program.

Also, check out our website to get a better idea of what the Honors Program has to offer at [http://honors.engin.umich.edu/]

Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing you soon!

2 Likes