UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My D22 was invited to LSA. I cannot remember if D19 was invited or not; but did apply, and was not accepted. (which was totally fine btw).

Same question. Not sure if should apply to LSA meritscholarships while awaiting Ross. Does Ross have separate scholarships for merit? Or is Ross considered LSA since if you put LSA as your preferred admit school! Too confusing!

1 Like

Any recommendations for a good place to stay when visiting campus for a Campus day ?

1 Like

If you can afford it, then stay at the Graduate. Great location near campus. Also, I like the Downtown Residence Inn. Itā€™s also close to campus, but itā€™s also just a couple blocks away from the newer YMCA. Otherwise, thereā€™s a whole bunch of hotels near the Briarwood Mall, which is about 3 miles from campus, but you can take a bus right down S. State Street to campus.

1 Like

We stayed at the Residence Inn downtown. Nice location and newer hotel. We still drove to the campus parking garage the day of the visit, but we were able to walk to dinner downtown.

1 Like

Ann Arbor B&B is alright if you want to stay close to Rackham but its a bit dated even though the breakfast makes up for it. The inn also has student employees if you want to chat with someone. The Hampton Inn is pretty good with multiple options.

1 Like

Not sure what the Michigan Leagueā€™s status is during COVID, which is kind of like a mini-union with hotel-type rooms, and you will be smack dab in the middle of campus there.

2 Likes

If you want B&Bā€™s then, I think the Burnt Toast Inn is excellent, but Iā€™m personally not a fan of the B&B concept nor of their breakfasts, although Iā€™m different. :smile:

1 Like

+1 for Burnt Toast.

1 Like

Just to clarify, youā€™re saying thereā€™s waves coming for postponed candidates? For example, if you were LSA but deferred EA, you may hear this month? I ask because that is what I recall happening with my oldest, deferred EA but accepted in February. However, two people in the office of undergraduate admissions told me there are no waves, itā€™s all in April, which just didnā€™t sound right :confused:

First, Iā€™m ā€œjust a guy.ā€ Iā€™m not in admissions nor connected to the University in any way, other than paying my Dā€™s tuition to the University. Although Iā€™m done there. :smile:

But, Iā€™d be VERY surprised that there wouldnā€™t be at least one, maybe two, waves for RD applicants (including EA deferred), before April. But Iā€™m speculating based on historical info.

Is there a new way of doing things? Could be, absolutely. But for example, the UCā€™s here in CA are all released before 4/1. Ivy Day is usually pre-4/1, except for last year. Would they wait this year until after the UCā€™s and Ivy Day, assuming theyā€™re all pre-4/1? :man_shrugging:

If thatā€™s the case, then that stinks. The pandemic has certainly changed the way to do things.

1 Like

Their website states:

Final decisions will be released by early April 2022

The ā€œfinal decisionsā€ wording leads me to believe there are going to be multiple waves with the last one in early April. Otherwise, why say ā€œfinalā€?

1 Like

Great idea. Rooms were cheaper than Graduate or Residence Inn.

1 Like

According to a conversation @UMich23Mom had with the admissions office, there are no waves until April, which would be a huge departure from the past, like every year in the past. :smile:

ā€œFinal decisionsā€ seems like a misnomer to me, since there are always applicants waitlisted who are waiting for their ā€œfinalā€ decisions. But in the past the 3rd wave of decisions has been mid-April.

You will exchange luxury for location, but to be in the heart of Ann Arbor is worth it, I think.

Have her check out the Entrepreneurship minor at Michigan and wonder if this is the same. My son did it and was amazing. Real projects with real companies, solving a problem and all taught by real live CEOs. He really enjoyed it and had to do a capstone project also.

Once you find out I would love to hear your thoughts about it if you want to PM me. I have looked some of this over prior.

2 Likes

Call the department and they will explain. If me, I would apply to whatever scholarships you can

Our friends stayed there for the Ohio State game. Itā€™s open

1 Like

As you know your in the heart of campus. Excellent place to stay. Close to all the restaurants etc. Totally get the feel of the campus this way

1 Like

@sushiritto I completely agree with all your messages based on experience and research that there would be waves before April. Just in the case there are no waves for whatever reason, and all the decisions are coming in April, how will Ross evaluate and decide an application. So if there are no waves, then all decisions have to come in very early April and then all admitted kids who want to get into Ross get evaluated by Ross and notified by the final 3rd Ross wave on 4/15. Seems tight plus Ross may just have a few seats left to fill.