UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I did not say $10/day, rather $10 per app.

1 Like

Apologies for the misunderstanding.
My point still stands.

Your disagreement is noted, but my comment still stands. The thread is entitled “UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission.” Everything you mention is part of a larger issue that can be discussed in a separate thread instead of being off-topic in this thread.

It is the long-standing policy that posts about race and admissions are allowed only on the thread devoted to the topic.

And on that note, let’s have future posts in this thread deal with the topic at hand, since future posts not in compliance may be deleted without comment or notice.

14 Likes

I may have forgotten as it was likely 2500 posts ago, but did you say that there has been history of applicants being accepted into both LSA AND Ross simultaneously (or in the same “round”, where they receive LSA and then Ross notice almost immediately after)?

And has Ross ever released statistics on the % of eventual acceptances coming from EA admits as opposed to RD admits?

Does that mean its only Ross applicants that might hear about LSA admit status? Or have the waves traditionally included non-Ross applicants as well?

What is NMF

Has anyone applied to the TEPA program? My daughter got accepted into LSA but her why Michigan essay was about the TEPA program as well. It doesn’t start till Junior year but how does she know she has got accepted into it or is that just assumed?

American Heritage In Florida had like 51 scholars haha I wonder if this is the school being referenced.

National merit finalist.

1 Like

from what i heard it was the forest friday of march (the majority). i think anything before/after was just luck.

Yes won’t be until the end of March likely.

1 Like

No. There were 2 releases in March: 3/5 and 3/26.

1 Like

To the best of knowledge and memory, there have been no simultaneous acceptances to any home school and Ross since they went to this model (I.e. home school admittance first).

1 Like

RD waves can include LSA only and LSA/Ross candidates. And CoE, Nursing, Kinesiology, etc.

I see- so if the first release was 3/5 last year what is causing people to speculate it will be 2/18 this year? because of ross release?

For the Class of 2024, so 2 cycles ago, the last pre-Xmas EA release, the RD waves and Ross waves were on the same day, the pre-announced Ross BBA wave days.

And those waves occurred January 31, 2020, February 28, 2020, March 27, 2020 and April 17, 2020, IIRC.

Oh to answer your question, way back a million posts ago, I speculated about Friday 2/18.

Originally I thought because it was a Ross wave day, before a holiday weekend and a Friday 3 weeks after EA, but then everyone started to depress me out with the one wave in April talk and 3 weeks is probably too quick on top of EA. :grinning:

Fwiw, I suppose an email about NMF (National Merit Finalist) won’t hurt, but I don’t expect it to help.

Yes, 15-16,000 is a small number. By being a semi-finalist, announced many months ago, a student is already in that group. Becoming a finalist mostly requires consistent grades through high school. An AO already has the student transcript. It’s not much different than announcing the receipt of an AP Scholar award when the school already has the AP scores that qualify the student for that award.

It’s unlikely D22 will email anyone about hers.

2 Likes

I have a sophomore at UM. She got the TEPA letter before she even knew that she was accepted to UM. Call SOE. I am sure she got into TEPA. Congrats to your daughter. Great program. Crossing my fingers for my younger daughter who applied to a different UM school and got postponed

1 Like

Thank you!