UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Zero swag. Is this a function of public vs. private? Her other (private) accepts have been sending candies, bags, stickers, name badges.

That sounds like torture actuallyā€¦itā€™s almost as if they notify in order of preference, so that you know exactly where you stand with them. ā€œI was picked last (on 4/1)ā€¦ really psyched to be on the team!ā€ NOTā€¦lol. I had no idea they did admissions like that. Is that common for other publics/UC schools?

My DD got stickers with her UVA acceptance :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Just a welcome letter here. Very unassuming envelope.

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen stickers yet from my sonā€™s UVA acceptance. :slight_smile:

She got a packet in the mail on Saturday :tada:

1 Like

Hi there- I joined this site last year when my Son was a HS Senior. I still follow because my DD in 10th wants to go to UMich too. I wanted to give some hope to UMich Ross applicants - my Son is currently a Freshman at Ross. He got into LSA EA Jan 2021. He got into Ross April 2021- the last Ross admittance. He was very bummed watching friends get into Ross in Feb & March, but a post by Dr. Blaire Moody last year right before the April Ross decisions made everyone feel better - she said the Ross decisions are random, donā€™t be discouraged, keep the faith & the last admittance in April is not all rejections - a lot of Ross students were admitted in April who were admitted to UMich EA. Keep the Faith Ross Applicants!!! BTW - my Son Loves Ross & UMich!! Oh & we are all MSU Spartan Alumni lol (25 Spartans between both sides of our family & he is the 1st UM Student) We are so happy for him & it is an awesome school!! We have learned a ton about UMich & are very happy with it!! :blush::blue_heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Well, someone from the family finally made it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

yes, we got a standard letter to confirm admit as well. No merch though.

Congrats to your daughter!

I was out of town on Saturday. Wondering if my son received a package and I didnā€™t even know it. Quite possible with my son!

1 Like

Congrats to your son too! Iā€™m sure he did!

1 Like

My D got the stickers also, in a package yesterday.

2 Likes

Sorry, Iā€™m confused. I thought someone upthread said that UMich only sends a letter (print version of acceptance letter). But some of your kids got stickers and packages too? :thinking:

Stickers? Son got a very generic letter that frankly wasnā€™t too special.

I believe the ā€œstickersā€ chain goes back to a UVa acceptance letter, in contrast.

4 Likes

No sorry, someone mentioned maybe public universities send very generic acceptance letters, and I said my daughter got stickers from UVA. Sorry for the confusion! She was deferred from Michigan.

1 Like

They were talking about UVA.

1 Like

Our school (private and connected tightly with Michigan) said to update on anything positive that changed since the application was submitted. So my daughter put some academic awards, captains of two additional varsity sports and internship she is doing at the end of the school year. She also said to start that Michigan is her top choice.

3 Likes

I sure hope so ā€“ sheā€™s had UMich/Ross as her goal for 2 years. But so many kids have exemplary records, weā€™re not taking anything for granted in this admission cycle. Letā€™s hope Friday brings good news for all of us :slight_smile:

1 Like

About how many deferred hear back in the first wave (maybe Friday?)