UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I would think Ross would

1 Like

This is common with CommonApp for certain schools. There are certain things that they suppress and others donā€™t. Might want to reach out how to self-report. My son submitted to 4 schools EA and Northeastern had the same issue. He sent his SATs via collegeboard just to ensure.

thanks! He submitted with U-M yesterday. Everywhere on Engg school webpage, we saw references to U-M and so just went with that. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It will be fineā€¦ Lolā€¦ Good Luckā€¦

1 Like

hi everyone. '25 student here. happy to help with any questions

1 Like

Will anyone elseā€™s kid be submitting at 11:59 pm today? :grimacing::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Thank you so much!
UMich says itā€™ll provide decisions for EA applicants in ā€œlate Januaryā€. Is that accurate or do they actually provide results earlier (like a few other colleges that provide decisions before the published deadline)?

I donā€™t have high hopes for this particular application given how it is developing and how much work he has to do today, but my S has gotten a few good applications out already so I am not too upset about his waiting until the last minute on this one.

1 Like

Yep that sounds about right. Last year, decisions came around January 23rd iirc.

For the record, last year Michigan extended the EA deadline to midnight Monday 11/16/2020 as well.

Pre-pandemic the EA decision release was typically the week before Xmas.

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember, do they release the EA decisions all at once? Or do they release them in waves?

All at once for EA.

3 Likes

Thanks!

When did EA decision came out for 2020?

See post #49

Thanks. Seems like Michigan considers SAT/ACT superscore now, did this change from as of last year?

1 Like

Itā€™s listed in their ā€œApplication Changesā€ document, which lists a November 1, 2021 due date, so it appears so.

They were one of the few among the top 100 average SAT schools that didnā€™t superscore when I researched the topic. That was some time in the last year or two, so they certainly changed it either this year or last year.

My older two children got into Michigan around the third week of December, in 2015 and 2017. Now, the Michigan portal says EA results will be posted at the end of January. Has Michiganā€™s timetable changed - or will the school begin notifying EA applicants in mid-December and continue through January on a rolling basis?

Actually, 2014 and 2016 (They were COE '19 and Ford '21).

They changed during Covid and it will be end of January. Hard to wait! Except for some very limited exceptions for some special programs notifications all come out at once.

1 Like