UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Congrats to you! Wondering how WashU is on that list since I thought they only offer ED or regular decision? Maybe a special situation. You have some amazing options!

It is a free text field so she could write anything she wants (including “none of your dang business”) :smile:

6 Likes

Maybe everyone should put UVA so they take a hint from their admissions process! :slight_smile:

Congrats and super thanks for graciously opening spots!

10 Likes

Or that we gave up on your admissions process

5 Likes

my daughter withdrew from a few schools she got into when she was accepted to a higher choice on her list - she just either put the current frontrunner’s name or “undecided”

4 Likes

In the case of washu, RD applicants were informed of scholarship decisions a few weeks ago.

In general, students can apply ED or ED2 and back out if they cannot afford.

This creates a gray area (not allowed by many private schools where they stand over you to make you withdraw all other apps). A student can always back out of ED agreements by claiming financial difficulty.

As far as I know, colleges do not ask for proof and they certainly do not ask to see if you went somewhere else that was in fact, more expensive.

Anyone who applied COE get in after being postponed?

WashU notified me of a scholarship on Feb 28. This notification also said I have admission and more details will come in March.

2 Likes

Yes, figured as much - it looks like yield protection from Umich.

Do we believe there will be a wave this friday for LSA

I think everyone has Guessing fatigue- no one really trying to guess anymore

5 Likes

The good news is every week our odds of a release become better :grinning:

18 Likes

True that!

2 Likes

Stole my line. But it’s “true-dat.” :grinning:

5 Likes

OMG I just saw the CDS for 2021… the waitlist!! 68 taken out of 13,063!! I totally missed there was a new data set and I was still looking at last year’s all this time. :dizzy_face:

Our trusty GC had this to say to our D this am, when she and some friends stopped in for their “coffee chat” during their free (we used to call that study hall)- “I have no f’ing idea” when asked about next release. I asked if she used the actual word of the abbreviation, and she said abbreviation. So there’s that.

5 Likes

My guidance counselor in the 80’s kept a bottle of Jack in his desk drawer and did not use abbreviations. …times have changed :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We all should start having Friday afternoon zoom happy hours.

7 Likes

A watch party :grin:

10 Likes