UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

If you find out, can you share the MegaMillions numbers with us??

There’s likely a chance at 3pm today, but quite frankly nobody knows at this point.

Ok, thanks. But as I mentioned above - HAIL interviews have no bearing on admission decisions. So that would not be a reason for UMich to hold up releasing decisions.

2 Likes

I’m amazed how many of you were able to secure solid letters of rec due to the COVID shutdowns. You’re really lucky. My son had online college classes for 2 full years, and lots of instructors just gave lectures once or twice a week, or posted videos or presentations to view whenever. Since he’s not the type to confidently interject during a zoom lecture, knowing a single teacher was nearly impossible. All we really have is his advisor for 4 years who we’ve been VERY close to and was also his freshman English teacher, so we’re just relying on that.

1 Like

Hail interviews are only for engineering right? Maybe others are fine

February 28

I’m glad someone finally asked this question.
:grin:

2 Likes

I hope it is today, tired of the waiting by now…

No hope here for today…still drained from last week.

3 Likes

I would think LORs had much lower impact this cycle given that students were mainly online due to Covid during the last 2 years. If LORs are so important, it’s really sad for large public schools where students don’t get much individual attention and favors privates with high tuition where parents can more easily influence everything from grading to LORs.

3 Likes

What is insanity?

What? No college will presume this much about a student based on a submitted application.

Exactly, for this reason, I believe LORs are becoming less and less important. I’m not surprised UCs don’t look at them anymore.

I have kids at public and private schools. It wouldn’t surprise me if the public school recs were cut and paste (with occasional amazing one for FGLI who wins a national award) and the private ones were gushy, overflowing with saved anecdotes from each year of the student’s career.

3 Likes

My daughter was fully online for the majority of her junior year. She worked her ass off for participation points and to get to know her AP and honors teachers via Zoom and weekly check-in’s and emails. She continued those relationships through senior year and ended up with very strong LORs from them. I would hope that is seen as a positive for the AO’s reading her application.

2 Likes

Did your son have markedly different LORs going to public (do I remember correctly) than your DD - as far as you can tell?

More power to her

2 Likes

Anyone here know when notifications for the 4-Year Merit Scholarships come out? I applied 2-3 weeks ago after being admitted EA. They didn’t give a specific date as to when I would hear back.

Our kids have applied to many of the same schools. (DadofJerseyGirl)

1 Like

Does anyone remember if there were portal glitches January 28th or any other day there were releases this year? I only checked my portal at 3pm that day because this thread was certain that was when they would be out.

I was wondering this too! Tried to see when, and they just say “rolling”. When you find out, please post! :slight_smile: My DD is OOS, so the cost is still an issue. We got our financial aid with the EA admission, but only have the student loan.

Amazing, congrats! Beautiful school!