UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I’ve never had a teacher coach or guidance counselor share any, so I was just wondering about this.

We had a teacher give our daughter a copy of her LOR.

2 Likes

Agree- I have never had my kid’s portal information, nor do I want it.

4 Likes

Agree 100%. If a kid wants their parent checking portals then who cares? A lot of unnecessary judgement IMO.

5 Likes

Lol :joy:

Amen

Have a great weekend and go blue!

5 Likes

If my kids wanted me to pay the tuition I had free access. Barley ever used it.

2 Likes

Well said!

My wife and I have access to my D’s portals. It was her choice - never forced her or even asked her for it. She sees us as being together in this journey.
Despite the access, haven’t really used it except once when she was in school and wanted me to check something for her.

It’s each family’s choice whether or not they have portal access and if/how they use it.

10 Likes

I’m at school and never check until I’m home with mom, so I’m no help to y’all. I check here all day, hoping someone else will let me know decisions are out. Lol

4 Likes

I have posts to catch up on, but just want to say I just gave the cube an extra spin for all of you and your kids! :heart:

13 Likes

Just not sure what parents do on portal. The portals I know about were for communications between my child and various schools they applied to or attended. Nothing for parents was ever on them. I’ll ask my kids why I don’t have access. :thinking::thinking:

Someone says more likely 3/18, so relax and enjoy you regular Friday!

3 Likes

As an example: for the specific instance mentioned above where I logged in to one of the portals upon my D’s request - I checked if that school had received her mid-year transcript and a supplemental LOR.

1 Like

If there aren’t any admissions today, it’s not much of a wave result anymore. More like a small EA decision and mainly RD selections.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t expect much of a wave today, they don’t mind putting it off so i won’t really expect anything until the end of the month and just be happy if we hear anything sooner

Oh!!! Got it!!! I guess my kids just made sure their applications were complete with their counselors. Glad you cleared it up. I just had image in my head of parents checking acceptances sending in requested info blah blah blah :joy::rofl:

Some parents may be doing just that. Perhaps their kiddo has anxiety or other mental health issues and the parent would want to know if a rejection was given.

Point is that you admittedly don’t know why a parent would have access. So perhaps it’s best not to judge the behavior of people that you don’t know.

8 Likes

Unrelated….
My friend is on another thread for another college (maybe fsu but not sure) and one of the admission officers actually chimed in at one point to comment and correct misinformation going around…thought that was funny. I guess they are lurking about from time to time?

Got it.

That happened with UVA as well, Dean J would often chime in. She’s the best!

4 Likes