UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Dean J eliminates almost all of the stress for UVA applicants. Clear and concise timelines, transparency, etc. My daughter was deferred and it was actually an enjoyable experience lol.

8 Likes

Any decisions?

I happened to be on campus for the tour so I thought why not :smiley:

1 Like

nothing as suspected

Nothing yet today–OOS EA postponed.

Nothing here

it’s kinda sad how long they’re stringing kids along. so many smart individuals who definitely deserved to go are withdrawing because of their process (at least this is happening in my area.)

2 Likes

Any nursing decisions?

None here. OOS EA postponed

1 Like

Nothing expected, though the air continues to slowly release from D’s enthusiasm towards UM. With an LSA and eventual Ross decision necessary for it to be at/near her top, the can kicking makes it both less likely as well as less relevant to her desires. Oh well.

This may be a feature as opposed to a bug.

1 Like

Basically, saying that it’s a way to manage yield. Not an elegant way, but a way.

i believe the live chat with an AO is available until 4:30 today. has anyone tried to message them?

i unfortunately could not

So D22 went on the tour today; very worried that she will get assigned to north campus. Any hack for this?

I don’t believe the live chats are with the AOs. They are with the help desk / call center. Expect to get the “by early April” response if you ask when decisions will be released.

2 Likes

ohhh that makes way more sense.

Apply to honors?

But they really aren’t. U-M has never said anything but “You’ll hear by early April.”

It’s the uninformed guidance counselors and portal-astrologist parents that are stringing kids along with weekly speculation about waves and Friday afternoon releases.

6 Likes

i guess it’s more of the guidance counselors than anything else. my D22’s keeps telling her “it’s this friday.” i guess that’s where my frustration lies