UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Cross fingers for Ross!

2 Likes

I was an early message board user–BabyCenter but even before that, the Baby Bargains Books messages boards. I was a “charter member” (fall 2000).

3 Likes

I lived in Stockwell for 2 years–loved that dorm, the good cafeteria, and the proximity to the CCRB. Never found the walk to Central all that bad.

3 Likes

Stockwell gal here too for 2 years. When I did my room app (on paper) I remember I ranked room choice (single) first, and stockwell dead last. Got a single in stockwell! I guess it’s co-ed now. Weird to imagine a guy living in one of my rooms. But yeah, best spot on the Hill for sure!

2 Likes

Btw, we didn’t visit or even be within line of sight of The Hill today on the tour. Bummer to think some kids who are OOS or totally unfamiliar with the campus will think it’s in no-man’s land. It’s such a nice spot with Palmer Field and the arb and all that.

And yeah, the Babycenter days
 Far behind us now!

2 Likes

I ranked triples and quads in co-ed dorms by floor or by room as my first choices, got a single in Stockwell, 4525 - I’ll never forget my room number! Loved it. Close to the Medical school (I was pre-med), close to the Arb, and a 10 minute walk to diag.

2 Likes

Any experts here that have interfaced with Ross lately- since very little new acceptances since end of January I wonder what type of release they will have next Friday?
At this point with no waves- I feel the rest of us will not hear until Early April- that will leave one wave and a markedly reduced chance of Ross consideration and admittance- actually it just feels like a markedly reduced chance of admittance no matter what
 This is just a year where I think they have changed the playing field of how they admit students and forget to let the rest of us followers in on the plan

3 Likes

My DS is a Freshman at UM & lives in East Quad. The dorm is awesome!!! I think it was updated recently & he has air conditioning (good for the Fall). He is in Ross so the location works out perfect. His new UM friends he made all live in Couzins, so he hangs there a lot & eats at Mojo. Central Campus has been great for him! He is minoring in Computer Science & this semester has his 1st class on North Campus- takes the bus there - said the bus works great. He has had a great Freshman year! Next year he & his friends are living off campus in a house.

6 Likes

Any updates for sports management applicants? I thought with the mail this week an update might come today.

I thought so too
nada! Hoping for next Friday!

wow :star_struck: and now they are all graduating :laughing:

Time flies!

1 Like

Even though they claim to read applications in random order, I don’t believe it. Only because the 1st wave of OOS candidates (based on CC and Reddit) - they were scholarship candidates at USC/washU. And others with acceptances at peer schools (UNC/notre dame). I think that Ross notifies the stronger candidates first to keep their interest.

Having said that, my child would be happy to get in for the April wave. So we wait!

But no, we haven’t spoken to Ross admissions.

4 Likes

MGoBlue: UM Sets Floor Record in Front of Sold-Out Crowd, Defeats Auburn, West Virginia - University of Michigan Athletics.

Just saying
 Everything is pretty much at a high level here
 Except for the way they inform you of their decisions for admittance but
 Once you get here
 You will be glad your here.

5 Likes

Just in case Ross AO watching thread, DD22 would be thrilled to get into Ross. Go Blue!

2 Likes

If Ross AO is watching, can you kindly stroll down the hall to LSA and ask them to do their jobs so that you aren’t bored twiddling your thumbs awaiting applications to review? Many thanks.

3 Likes

They’re not waiting. Just because we haven’t learned of admission decisions doesn’t mean they haven’t.

2 Likes

Early April is early April. I don’t understand all the fuss, but I find it fascinating. Lots of high schools have lots of contacts with AOs. Someone can always find out something

3 Likes

deleted

1 Like

Wow! That is odd
that someone would waste time harassing the UM representative.

1 Like