UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Means Chad is an asshat

The Hockey team plays in the B1G championship next Saturday against another UM, the team in Minnesota.

All of sudden @Knowsstuff is a BIG gymnastics fan. :grimacing: D18 was at the meet and snapped a pic of Suni Lee doing nothing but standing around of course. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

This is an interesting point, and I would be curious if that were the case. The intimation has always been that you get accepted, then kicked to Ross immediately afterwards for review. I imagine they could do that without informing the student (not sure why, but I would guess they have their reasons).

Two years ago during a pre-Covid school visit, the Michigan AO talked about the Ross process. She very specifically said “you are informed of your acceptance to LSA, and then Ross considers you for their school.” I don’t want to take an informal answer as a literal and definitive process, but it did seem that it was pretty clear.

All that said, since this year UM has decided to postpone their usual multiple waves, I would think it might make sense for Ross to begin working on their review before the students learn themselves of their LSA fate.

1 Like

I know it will all be over very soon
 but this year gives new meaning to the phrase “go blue” :cry:

The week of 3/21 will be a busy week for a lot of students because a lot of colleges have announced their release dates for that week.

my guidance counselor thought michigan would release on that friday (3/25)

Does your guidance counselor have any pipeline to credible info from AA?

Always been. I treat a lot of them and dancers etc

I bet you will see LSA (or home school) and Ross acceptances at pretty much the same time. They are running out of time to separate the two. I also bet more acceptances now then usual.

1 Like

nope not at all just based on last year hahah

That is interesting
 do you think anyone from the various universities discussed on CC stalk the forums? It would be a great way to get unfiltered feedback.

If UofM delays much longer we’ll hear from them at they same time as CMU. In any event, Thing #1 has pretty much made up his mind, and is only waiting on his super-unrealistic-divine-intervention-required reach. Not matter what, he’ll be set in just a bit over two weeks.

4 Likes

I believe I ranked West Quad first, MoJo second, and Stockwell third. I think I picked double, but I can’t remember. Got a single in Stockwell. The first couple of weeks were kind of lonely, but I wound up loving it. I roomed with a friend from the building the next year. We got an awesome lottery number, and I got to pick the one of the very best rooms on the 5th floor. The rooms on 5 were bigger and quirky. It was fun to “tour” and see which we wanted. This was back in 1990/1991. Good memories!

1 Like

Dean J from UVA stalks social media, and occasionally comments. But there’s not a lot of speculation from their school, since she’s super informative and transparent on her channels and everyone knows the answers from those.

1 Like

Does anyone know if LSA and Ross regular decisions are likely to come out on the same day? Or if they have come out on the same day in past years?

IIRC, both the Class of 2023 and 2024, back in 2019 and 2020, yes, LSA/CoE and Ross decisions magically aligned with each other on or about the old RD dates of 2/1, 3/1 and 4/1.

1 Like

Don’t know about others but I am not looking forward to my kid getting a large number of decisions in the next few weeks and flying blind on the important details. Some of these schools where my kid was accepted like UM, we didn’t visit due to Covid. The ones we visited, we barely got on campus. So, there are probably a LOT of unknowns. It’s fine, it will all work.
Just have to say that based on this UM thread, I think this school rocks. Never been there, never even really knew about it ( sorry East Coaster, non-sports fan). But the more I see the more I like. Go blue.

8 Likes

when are RD decisions coming out

Never. By the looks of it.

4 Likes

So do you think then this year we’ll get regular decisions on the 18th this Friday since that’s when a Ross wave comes out?

1 Like