UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Oh, I know, that’s why I related it to the stats of the different application groups. I’ll tell you right now, my son applied RD with a crap GPA (1500+ SAT) on Feb. 1st because the whole process just overwhelmed him to the point where he almost froze and didn’t get it in. HUGE procrastinator, nothing like all you guys’ kids. So I’m with you, the RD pool might be a different caliber, numbers wise.

Wow, she got into Harvard and wants UM over Harvard? I completely understand that but I don’t think others would…My daughter wants sport analytics so there is really only one other school besides UM that has it. She also applied to schools with data analytic majors (she got into Pitt also) but she wants sport analytics.

2 Likes

https://www.hidemyshirt.com/Harvard-University-The-Michigan-Of-The-East-T-Shirt-3322-p3656809.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoMec6rfL9gIVAf7jBx0LJgFHEAQYASABEgLWFPD_BwE

5 Likes

About 5,000 (I have no idea :grinning: ) posts ago, I sampled this cycle’s EA acceptances and posted the average stats. IIRC, the sample was about 15-20 posts.

And those EA acceptance stats were very high, higher than what you would typically see HERE on CC for RD acceptance waves in the past, which I’ve also posted in prior years.

That sounds like my D!

1 Like

Per our college counselor at top feeder school they are asking if student will attend so they are playing yield game.

You sampled an exquisitely small group of EA acceptances from a biased/self-selected sample of those who chose to post their stats.

She’s not thrilled with her admissions into Harvard? Wow.

1 Like

This is the Harvard up in Cambridge, MA? Next to that other big name STEM school?
Just checking.

3 Likes

Yes. UM and GT are both stronger in engineering. She wants to be with her sibling and she loves Ann Arbor. We’re visiting Boston next weekend so we shall see.

3 Likes

All great options! Very happy for your daughter.
Good luck :+1:t3::four_leaf_clover:

Yep. :+1:

2 Likes

In state acceptance has hovered around 45% for the last couple of years and in state yield has been 70-75%.

Wow congrats to your daughter!! Currently waiting for a final decision from Harvard. It’s a long process!

1 Like

Is that other school Rice? That’s a big one we are waiting on in our household.

So half the class given acceptances is pretty much par for the course. Nothing to see there. Having a single, main release would definitely be new regardless of the smaller wave. People wanted Michigan to change the last few years and now they have. We will only know if this is a better way after the main release. I still prefer the smaller releases as we go till April but that’s me.

1 Like

Agree

Same

Don’t underestimate the power of Ambien. :joy::sleeping:

This was noted above, but a main release will alleviate a lot of unnecessary stress for those who don’t hear in the earlier releases - it’s too stressful for students (and parents, lol) to hold on through the ups and downs of the smaller releases. Ofc, will be helpful for future years for Michigan to announce WHEN that main release will be. I have faith that UM will improve the process for 2023!

2 Likes