UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Decision: Declined
Application Type: EA Postponed
School: LSA Residential College
Stats: 3.8 Weighted
Legacy: N

1 Like

WAITLISTED :disappointed: 35 ACT, 3 published medical articles, class president, 12x varsity letter, 4.0 unweighted GPA, #2 in speech in debate nationally.

Waitlisted.So happy for everyone who got the answer they wanted. I guess my take away from this experience is that when a school shows you over & over that you donā€™t matter to them, maybe believe them the first few times. Because itā€™s the ONLY school that dd applied to that discouraged updates or getting to know your ao. Good luck everyone!

8 Likes

EA postponed - waitlisted
CoE
OOS
3.9 UW, 1580 SAT, 36 ACT
I would say solid ECs (published research, interest-based ECs, lots of service-based work, and lots of work in publications) and essays
no legacy

will be opting into waitlist

good luck to everyone and congrats to those admitted!!

DS deferred EA, now rejected. Relieved to be able to move on! Congratulations to all those accepted and good luck to those who are going to tough it out on the waitlist.

8 Likes

Nothing here as of yet, no email for Daughter to check portal

1 Like

same

Decision: Rejected
Application Type: EA Postponed 11/1
School: LSA
Stats: Donā€™t know sonā€™s uw GPA, weighted is in 4.0 range, TO
Legacy: No

1 Like

Goodness it looks like almost everyone was waitlisted. What a cop out. Iā€™m at school and wonā€™t check until I get home so this is making me sick. Congrats to those few of you that werenā€™t waitlisted! Geez

3 Likes

Lol, I wish.

S22 is on the WL but we will not be opting in. Kinda sad because I wanted him to have the option to consider UMich given how much I enjoyed my time there but the decision also simplifies our path forward.

His final four is UCSB, UCB/UIUC, Purdue in that order for now. Hoping to decide after Cal Day on the 23rd.

Hanging out on the UMich forum has been fun and I really hope many on the WL get in eventually.

Whatā€™s your theory on the Waitlists here. Is this the first wave with Acceptances + Waitlists and then another wave later with a lot more denials?

9 Likes

It does seem crazy. Iā€™ve counted 3 accepted, 4 rejected and everyone else WL. Baffling.

1 Like

S22 waitlisted. Umich will definitely be getting an email from us. welp, Harvard it is :man_shrugging:t6:

13 Likes

rejected oos

1 Like

DS waitlisted. Really seems hardly anyone made it in.

My daughter was rejected from school of kinesiology. I think Iā€™m sadder than she is. Sheā€™s in love with UConn where she was accepted into exercise science so this just makes an easier decision.

Good luck to all of you. Iā€™ll really miss this forum. Best parents!!!

7 Likes

Waitlisted
EA Postponed
OOS
CoE
3.9 and 1390
Legacy

Congratulations to all who were accepted!

1 Like

I wonder how many they accepted in EA and if that was the vast majority of students they took.

1 Like

I was waitlisted but I didnā€™t send a LOCI after getting into UVA lolā€¦ I didnā€™t even think that I was still gonna be considered

1 Like

OOS, California. We will be withdrawing mostly. Good luck to those who are WLed, Iā€™m sure you all are amazing, itā€™s just sometimes the dice wonā€™t roll in our favors. Iā€™m sure you will all find your niche.

Wdym? 0.5% of people accepting the offer to enter the waitlist were ultimately accepted?