UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

that is what I am thinking too since someone on Reddit who also didn’t get a decision applied to summer like me.

Yes, completely agree. I want my DS to be ready to move on, but he’s not there yet…

1 Like

We didn’t even know there was a summer start option and only applied for fall. Sigh…hopefully this time next week we’ll know something.

Hmm, interesting…

“Back in the day” when I was a student at Michigan they used to offer the summer start for students whose stats were a little below the others – they would use it as a “training ground” to get them accustomed to the rigor, etc. and make sure they could thrive there. It would be offered to students who applied for fall…

Yes I remember that. Not sure in his case, but we’ll see.

Yes, I hope you’re right we will know by Friday…

1 Like

My daughter will commit to UF or Syracuse, but she will apply to sport management Immersion program and start in January if she is accepted. I think she has a greater chance of getting in this program than off the waitlist and we met two kids today who are in and love it. Her heart is saying Michigan so we are pursuing all options. Will keep you posted!

5 Likes

My son also go into Syracuse, but not sure where it falls on his list these days.

So since I applied for summer, does that mean I applied to summer start cause I thought summer term was like normal?

Summer term is “normal” but it’s just a lot less students on campus who are taking classes at that time. Also, spring and summer term are condensed – spring term is May/June and summer term is July/August

1 Like

Thank you so much for the clarification!!

Of course!

1 Like

Which college?

Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics

Silver77- Do you know how the process works for the Sports Management Immersion program? If my son has accepted the waitlist offer does he need to do anything else? Email anyone to let them know he is interested or fill out an additional form, or will admissions reach out to him? Do you know how many students were interested in the program last year vs the number of spots, ie is there high demand or does most everyone In Kensiology on the waitlist get an offer?

I think your theory makes a lot of sense. I heard that more enrolled last year than they were anticipating so they are trying to manage their numbers. Maybe more get off the WL than prior years.

One boy was accepted from our school (Westchester too) EA. He is a high stat kid that is not likely to enroll. We usually have a few that get in every year. Everyone was either waitlisted or rejected yesterday including our valedictorian who has a brother at UM. Very strange admissions cycle! Good luck to your daughter—sounds like she has great choices.

1 Like

Wow, didn’t know there was an option like that! Sounds interesting

My daughter too! Is your son still waiting to hear from Michigan?