UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Did your daughter get in BC or BU?

How many students are admitted to Ross each year? DS was just accepted to Sports Management and had also applied to Ross. I think it will be 4/15 we find out his status at Ross. Trying to figure out how to best plan a visit to campus on 18th w/o knowing if he will have gotten in or not to Ross tooā€¦

2 Likes

How much harder it is to get into ross if you applied RD. I didnā€™t realize they gave preference to EA and so spent more time on my app and applied RD. I still submitted my completed application by the end of November if that matters.

Same with my daughter, waitlisted again after the EA round. Waitlisted at BU today and the remaining 3 schools look super hard as well. Good luck to your daughter for next week decisions!

1 Like

Wow!! Congrats on having a decision made - this is a biggie!

My son is ready to commit to my alma mater (great little LAC in South Carolina, Furman University, where we just returned from visiting, and where they actually want him and heā€™s received a great merit package, and where so many things feel exactly right for him other than being 660 miles away) but we are urging him to take a beat and take a real look at MSU first. He was accepted EA into CoE for Comp Sci and weā€™ve never even visited b/c he never actually wanted to go there, it was just meant to be a backup. Now he has so many friends who will be going there, and I keep telling him what I believe you yourself said in this thread earlier - MSU is going to have a bumper crop of high caliber kids this fall. I have a feeling my son will still end up at my alma mater instead (hey, the school colors are purple and white, so at least he and we already have allll the right gear), but not before at least checking out MSU.

Congrats to you and your son for a great decision, and best wishes for his fall and for his future. Go Green!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Itā€™s been a rough five months! I appreciate your kind words.

MSU will give you much more advantages for engineering being a big ten school unless he really wants a small campus. Their engineering department is very good.

2 Likes

Sports Update:

The Michigan womenā€™s b-ball team are in the Elite 8.

And Michigan menā€™s hockey team, the overall #1 seed in the menā€™s hockey tournament, plays for the Frozen Four tomorrow.

6 Likes

Thank you!! In the past few months I will admit Iā€™ve said a ton of good AND bad stuff about every school my son may or may not have applied to :). But I think thatā€™s just part of the process. My son didnā€™t apply to MSU until the end of Dec. and I was SO mad he took that long and it was the first app he even sent. He was waitlisted a week later which was pretty scary and confusing as we didnā€™t even think that was possible so earlyā€¦ 3.6 w/ 84 dual enrollment credits and a 1510?! So yeah, we blew it off too and didnā€™t visit because it was a pretty confusing gut punch (of course, I blamed him for applying so late). But then 2 months later boom, he was in so I scheduled the first available admitted student day plus an engineering tour.

Iā€™m happy your son is excited to go to your alma mater!! That must feel so awesome. But yeah, I even told my son an hour ago, ā€œFrom all the kids Iā€™m hearing about around here that were rejected from UM, get ready for some high intensityā€¦ā€ But of course, itā€™s a good thing! I really do believe thereā€™s going to be a bump in caliber. Itā€™s a trickle UP effect I guess! :laughing: .

Best wishes to you all too!!

2 Likes

She applied to BU and was waitlisted there too :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much. Good luck to your daughter as well! Itā€™s been such an unpredictable year.

Iā€™m so glad I was able to grab a spot at an engineering tour! Weā€™re excited to see everything. The CoRe Experience LLC looks amazing from what weā€™ve watched online. He just excitedly told his younger siblings that he knows where heā€™s going now, so itā€™s sinking in. Allā€™s well that ends well! Just wanted this part to be OVER!!!

2 Likes

500-600

It is an excellent approach and hard to beat Big Ten for research, faculty and facilities. Internships co-ops and jobs await. Congrats.

2 Likes

Follow this link to see that admitted Ross profile from last year -its at the bottom. Last year they took 935- not sure how many enroll of that amount. Admit rate is low, first, you have to get admitted and then looks like they take less than 10% of those kids when they receive their application

Late to this from Friday, but here goes for my son:

Decision: Rejected
Application Type: EA Postponed
School: COE
Stats: 3.98uw, 1560 SAT, 7 AP classes, 8 Honors
Legacy: Y (grandfather, great-grandfather, aunts, uncles)
ECs: Class VP, NHS, Robotics Team Leader, Tutor, Civil Air Patrol Officer, 3 Varsity sports, etc,

My bad. I believe Ross BBA shoots for between 500-600 students to ENROLL (not acceptances).

For the Class of 2022, what is this yearā€™s seniors, as freshman, there were 447 Ross BBA enrolled. But Michigan has grown the entire class since my D18ā€™s class and they must also leave room for transfers, which number around 100-125 each year.

1 Like

I might do the same!!

Waitlisted
EA Deferred to RD
OOS (From Northern Virginia)
3.8 uwGPA 1540 SAT
Not a legacy

Itā€™s either gonna be UCSD or UW Madison for me folks

4 Likes

With this decision done and over, we are UIUC bound. My S22 did the SITE visit there and loved it. It doesnā€™t hurt that UIUC gave him a tuition waiver! And hey, they are tied at #5 with UMich for aerospace engineering, so we are officially fighting Illini!

11 Likes