UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I know…my son is stressed but trying not to show it. I agree, 10% didn’t hear, maybe even less!

When is accepted student day?

I just read that there is an accepted student day. My kid doesn’t even know and they are already planning on going to this event in a week. It just so not right. And it doesn’t feel right either. But I have to be strong and keep the faith

I was referring to the Accepted Students Day at Furman, not UMich. But I do believe UM has several such days this semester. And if not, you can visit on any day and they’ll give you a tour and some swag!. We just got back from doing that earlier this week with my son because we couldn’t make any of the Accepted days.

1 Like

Thanks sorry he saw it already I was just frustrated that my son was of the few who hasn’t thawed when most of their decisions went out and. Iw people are talking about accepted student day and he is still waiting .
It’s very frustrating for him and he is getting that FOMO fear of missing out.

Sorry typos I meant to saw he was one of the few who didn’t hear and he is getting upset though he won’t show it. He just rather know then wait and wait think for another 5 days.

It is frustrating…My son, though accepted, is not making any emotional connection yet because we have no idea when the merit aid package comes out. It would be nice if it came with the admission decision.

Wow I rather be dealing with that then waiting congrats. I have family at U of M and they all love it. So it will work out. I believe the hardest is getting in and then all the pieces come together

Hope that is true! Good luck to your son. It’s such a wildcard process!

Agree agree I rather my son know now then be strung along for a weak. I worry he is making himself nuts with the possibilities. Does he think wow maybe I am getting in or if they wanted me they would of already accepted me. They really mess around with kids who are already under so much pressure. Transparency is the best minimum they should be kind and respectful. Let them all know one day done . Feeling left out is the worse for these teens and they just make it worse

Sorry I am just a very frustrated parent!!

2 Likes

I get it. I can’t wait for this process to be over. Personally, I have NO idea how they do a “holistic” application review on 80,000 applications. Seems completely impossible. In my son’s case, he came in through the SMTD, which is audition based, so at least there is a cut and dry criteria.

1 Like

My comments were more if he was going to do engineering since their program is like a 5/6 year program. For liberal arts your correct. Furman is excellent. Good luck to your son and let us know what he decides.

EA deferred, then waitlisted, a long journey since October. Hopefully it will end soon. Will it be off waitlist in June or July?

I can name 2 in state feeder schools estimating 65%+ admissions

Apologies Rlrz for misguiding you. Yeah, I feel your pain.

That’s awesome! Congrats to them!

What are they criteria to get accepted to the bridge program?

1 Like

Sorry for what ?? Everyone I have spoken to in this thread has been kind and informative

Very weird year…. Harder and harder… it’s looking my twins will decline, but still waiting until next week….

I agree. The lack of transparency (or at least the seeming lack of transparency) and the stringing along from November 1 to March 25 made a stressful situation that much more tough.

2 Likes