UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Another article re: 84,000 applicants

man hopefully we will get some! do they tell you to check portal?

Does anyone know if merit scholarships have been announced for CoE? I didnt see any scholarships in my financial aid notice

I haventt seen any yet.
Thought my daughter may have said that she may have received an email that it would come in april. But i may have gotten that confused with other stuff. They are gonna want people.to male decisions so they need to.come out soon.

1 Like

Within a group on FB someone emailed LSA yesterday regarding scholarships. Here is their replyā€¦.

1 Like

Anyone have estimates on admissions from in-state feeders? Iā€™m hearing much lower everywhereā€¦

Actually, I think waitlists will move a lot. Everyone we know had very random acceptances. Some with high level acceptances and low level rejections or a sprinkle of everything. Kids can only attend 1 school. Most are going for the best bang for their buck. So, yields might be crazier than last year.
Many kids are holding on to their acceptances until they hear from all schools. Dates are so late this year, Iā€™d expect movement everywhere. Data models if off by even a small % can mean big numbers.

5 Likes

People have started getting off the waitlist at Umich. This is what I hear.

Can you be more specific?

Did u get off the waitlist?

Hear from where? Is there any proof?

I donā€™t have any proof. My child was accepted EA but Iā€™ve heard from people in real life.

Are you sure? They havenā€™t even delivered all the regular decisions. Both here and in the Michigan Daily article that was listed confirm that there are still kids awaiting an initial decision.

1 Like

Yes, 99% sure.

They werenā€™t EA deferrals who are finally getting a decision?

I am not doubting your honesty, just feeling even more frustrated for the kids who are still waiting any decision.

1 Like

Well, weā€™ll be releasing a spot soon and I know of others, so hang on tight!

1 Like

People need to remember the withdrawals do not necessarily mean waitlist spots will open. Schools bake in expected yield. Their goal is to only use the waitlist to fill strategic spots, and certainly not to backfill expected withdrawals.

And my kid isnā€™t waiting for a decision. I just feel sorry for those who are.

9 Likes

LSA acceptances off the waitlist?

We are going for a campus day on Monday, but merit scholarship (lack of) will be deal breaker (D22 being OOS). I havenā€™t heard of any CoE merit scholarships in this thread, but may have be missed it.

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely skeptical