UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Was this WL admittance before or after 7:00 PM EST? :laughing: (I’m kidding, your post was before the Ivy’s released their decisions)

3 Likes

Ivy time has come and gone and “our” application process has come to an end over here and I am SO GLAD!!! :rofl: DD is one excited 100% Wolverine now, lol!! :raised_hands:t2::tada:

Praying things come through for everyone else here as well…be they wherever yours or your child’s heart is!

19 Likes

Same!
She is super excited and has paid the deposit!
100% Wolverine

Go Blue!

We were in New York this week, and we were wearing UMICH merch. Heard Go Blue a few times from others to us.

I cheered go blue to a girl who was wearing a winter pom UMich hat… she had no idea why i said that to her, and her parents were unphased. Ha! So no response. I felt let down on my maiden run of cheering someone else on… hahahaha

9 Likes

Anyone hear deciding between Michigan and Rice and has a pros and cons list they want to share?

sorry - I meant here…

No but I would pick Rice

For what major?

engineering

1 Like

why?

I would say rice. They have one of the best engineering programs in the country.

Does anyone know the stats for this yr? Wondering what the oos acceptance rate was

michigan is ranked much higher in engineering

It all depends on your needs. For example Rice has smaller classes so it’s more individualized. Both are great options.

1 Like

I would ask this question in the College Search & Selection Forum with the title of “Rice vs. Michigan,” or something along those lines. You’ll get many more eyeballs than just the Michigan or RIce forums.

But mainly it’s a large public with 31,000 undergrads located in a college town and bad winter weather vs. small private college located in a very big city, better weather with only 4,000 undergrads and a residential college system.

I hear wonderful things about Rice on CC, but I don’t know it well. Not that you have to be remotely involved in it, but Ann Arbor and Michigan have a large sports culture. Michigan is top notch in many sports. Also, they’re top notch in many/most majors and schools (LSA, CoE, Nursing, Kinesiology, Business, SMTD, etc.).

I think it’ll boil down to where do you think you’ll fit best and what’s the least expensive alternative and by how much.

All we’ve heard is that Michigan received more than 84,000 apps. We don’t know the total number of acceptances, let alone the breakdown between in-state vs. OOS. Michigan usually releases more detailed info during the summertime.

3 Likes

It’s all about fit /feel /culture of the campus and surroundings. Michigan engineering is pretty much in the top 10 of all fields and like #6 undergraduate. If you like smaller classes etc Rice is a nice choice. But the facility and faculty at Michigan are world class (heh, your on a Michigan thread here :rofl:)

1 Like

Check out at the engineering forums on CC

Is the deposit more like $1k?

Do we expect any WL movement today? After all the recent rejections Umich is our last hope although I am expecting a rejection. If they wanted her, they wouldn’t have deferred her and then waitlisted again.

1 Like

Anyone know when to expect to get off waitlist if admitted based on previous years? I was looking through the last years thread and some people heard back as soon as April and May and then everyone else who was denied heard in June.