UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Also, does any happen to know how the waitlists work regarding College of Nursing? If I were to be admitted off waitlist it would depend on how many nursing spots are available I presume?

Yield would have to be lower than projected.

I donā€™t think the portal being down means anything. Our NYU portal is down too. UMich allowed us to log in on computer- no changes. NYU wonā€™t allow any login.

Thank you!! :smile: Iā€™m extremely happy about it but I wish I had the secret sauce for a Michigan scholarship! :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Great options no matter what! My heart refuses to give up on Michigan though until the end of April - hopefully the visits to my other schools will change that!

1 Like

You have had a phenomenal ride!

2 Likes

The Michigan/Ohio State rivalry documentary a few years ago is awesome. Some great jokes in there.

Classic.

1 Like

Is there any sense about how many Ross spots may still be available for the third and final wave on 4/15?

D received TO from Cornell. After applying ED and then being postponed, TO is like the ultimate postponement. Better than being rejected but not v satisfying.

Was this after she was waitlisted? Or before a decision was made? Either way, congratulations!

Were you applying as a dual degree/engineering major to Penn as well?

This is worth spending some $ for.

What is TO?

Transfer option - itā€™s sort of a guaranteed transfer soph year if you meet the requirements of the transfer offer (for my D sheā€™ll need a 3.5 - she could even get it at a community college, then transfer in). If the school is your dream school it is a way to get there, but I donā€™t know if she wants to start freshman year planning to transfer.

3 Likes

I applied to Wharton as I didnā€™t want to lock myself into the M&T program - it is my understanding that assuming I meet certain requirements, I can design my own dual-degree program which would likely be with Computer Science - worth the $ in the long run but I need to clarify on my visit that this would be something that I would likely be able to do

Thank you! My son was initially postponed and did not hear anything last Friday with the majority of decisions, but then received the summer term email this past Wednesday.

Thatā€™s exciting! Great option if he didnā€™t have summer plans. Hearty-big-blue-congrats.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦he did have plans (including a summer job that he now canā€™t take) and is a bit overwhelmed that he has to start college 7 days after he graduates high school, but heā€™s going for itā€¦

4 Likes

Very hard, and these kids just need a mental break! I asked my D if sheā€™d do it - she will be on staff at a sleepaway camp and she said no, couldnā€™t give up her summer plans (where she has spent every summer for the past year 12 years).

1 Like

Good to hear, UM is handling the application process very differently. These one-off scenarios are giving me positive hope. Congratulations to your kid!!!

1 Like