UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

The summer term start has actually been around forever, but only a small group of students are offered the option

Missed this question, apologies.
She recieved an email about the scholarship.

Totally agree. She has to write a letter and show up at the donor events. We will take it gladly.

Very grateful

Also, i dont see any lists on the LSA 4yr scholarship page. Anyone have a link?

2 Likes

Not sure if this is what you want but…

Anyway it’s awesome. My daughter got one like these at another school. Going to the dinner to be honored and thanking the family was the least she could do. She did write a letter to the org and thanked them before the dinner…

Certain names will open doors… This is one of them

I saw these, I dont think its one of these. I thought that Stamps wasnt being offered this year.

So I got a $5000 four year renewable scholarship even though I withdrew my UMich application a couple of weeks ago :woman_facepalming:. I declined the scholarship and am hoping it goes to another student who will actually go. But I have heard that some colleges don’t redistribute it. Just received it today through an email.

4 Likes

thanks for clarification and congrats!

He’s got a new “summer job.” A2 is a great town too to hang out during the summer. He’ll have a great time, meet new people and know exactly where everything is located before the rest of the freshman show up in late August.

6 Likes

We are still getting offers from colleges my daughter declined. Its like they are still trying to reel her in.

We declined scholarships so others can get them and hope they are listening and redistribute.

3 Likes

It’s a strange college cycle… No question but great you have options. Years ago my daughter got accepted to a college with a nice scholarship to a school she never applied to… Lol :joy::mortar_board:

Is the summer offer one semester abroad option and only offered to kids who are at-least 18? Any information you can share will be very helpful. Thank you !

Yes, completely agree! I like your perspective of calling it his new summer job.:slight_smile:

Honestly, I’m not sure if kids have to be 18 (but my son is already…) and the summer offer is just that – starting summer term in Ann Arbor. There is no semester abroad option with this acceptance, but I have heard that is offered at other schools – not sure about UM?

Congrats to your son! My daughter is a counselor at a sleep away camp and treasures her time there but I think she would jump to do a summer term if it meant going to UM. Any idea on how they selected your son? Is it for LSA?

Thanks so much. I really don’t know how they selected him but yes it’s for LSA.

Same happened to us this year. My daughter got an acceptance and a scholarship to UMass, Boston without every applying. Crazy recruitment by these schools.

Are there any financial aid packages in the mail or on the portal? Do you guys know how to check on the portal for financial aid? Thanks!

We are waiting to make a final decision based on Ross decision in April 15. Can someone explain how housing works? Does priority for dorms depend on the date you accept admissions and get housing application? Any insight appreciated.

No, housing is a lottery as long as your housing application is in by the deadline. The deadline was early May, I think, when my daughter was a freshman.

4 Likes