UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Has anyone heard news/updates about OOS waitlist movement? Just curious!

2 Likes

Same at our school - usually 3-5 but this year they only took two athletes (early) and w/l everyone else. Iā€™m hoping they donā€™t want to poison the well with our school and will take at least one more, hopefully two. That said, Iā€™m thrilled and relieved that my son will deposit and be very happy to go to what was his second choice.

1 Like

Decisions just came out two weeks ago. Going to have to wait a bit longer for the waitlist.

1 Like

@sushiritto i read somewhere on here that thereā€™s been some waitlist movement for OOS? Have you been seeing that as well?

My daughterā€™s Michigan portal looks different as of today as well. Keeping our fingers crossed for some good news!

How does the portal look different?

She said the interface and layout has changed for her. Iā€™m not sure of the specifics. Just wondering if thereā€™s any portal astrology happening.

I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve seen any WL movement, but for some mentions of Kinesiology applicants being offered or are being considered for summer or winter starts.

There was an acceptance by someone who applied RD and got into Ross above but thatā€™s not WL movement.

Again, I could be misremembering. And of course CC is a very tiny sample.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I was waitlisted recently, and am really hoping to be accepted. My counselor has said that it wouldnā€™t hurt to write an email to my admissions officer with an update on my activities and to emphasize my interest. Do any of you think this might hurt my chances of being accepted?

1 Like

@sushiritto can I send you a message to you only. Cant seem to find how to do it

Click on my name and then click on the message box in the right hand corner of the pop up screen.

Unless it is a big change, it is not going to make any difference at UMICH. They already know who the candidate is. So their guideline is not to reach out to them.

Commiserating: anyone else have a kid who is nowhere with college decision with 8 days to go?

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t3::raising_hand_woman:t3::raising_hand_woman:t3:

2 Likes

in same situation :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Me too. All the schools I got into I toured and didnā€™t love but the schools I got waitlisted at (ie UM) or rejected at I loved. So basically choosing which one is the least bad until I can transfer or hopefully get off a waitlistšŸ˜…

2 Likes

Good luck! Hopefully the lightbulb will go off this weekend and a clear decision will emerge for all who are still undecided (and checking the Michigan portal daily to see if there is any movement off the waitlist).

5 Likes

Students on other threads are starting to hear apparently - so that is good news for people still waiting.

Why keep checking the portal? Wouldnā€™t there be an email notification that something happened in the portal?

1 Like

My daughter never checks the portal unless there was an email informing her about an update.

1 Like

At this point, do you decline admission offers to all colleges other than the one you already accepted or let the offer expires May 1?