UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Thanks for great advice.

Does anyone know if waitlist admits follow the Friday at 3pm trend? Like is any day of the week fair game for waitlist admits or do they all release on a Friday?

My daughter heard on a Wednesday.

2 Likes

Has anyone that applied for themed community housing received any status updates (admit, denied, waitlist)?

Congratulations.
Was your daughter on LSA waitlist?

Thank you! No, she was on Kinesiology WL. She got in for Jan 2023 start.

Great.
Wondering if anyone got off LSA waitlist.

4 Likes

Anyone think we may hear tomorrow for the LSA waitlist?

Director of admissions at COE just confirmed waitlist will not be used this year due to significant over enrollment. They have 1561 enrolled as of today and only aim to have about 1400. So unless over 150 people decide to unenroll, low to zero chance this year. Sorry everyone :frowning:

How did the director confirm? through Facebook/twitter posting, email or other form of communication, please advise. Thank you

Just for engineering I’m assuming then. LSA waitlist could still move

1 Like

Thanks for updating us here. VA Tech it is. Best wishes to those still awaiting news from LSA.

3 Likes

VT engineering is amazing!! Good luck :slight_smile:

via email personally

Yeah my son is still waiting for LSA I heard it could be today or Friday . My friend’s son just got into kinesiology too for the Jan start. He is going but nervous about not being able to meet anyone the whole first semester.

My daughter was offered that option last year and turned it down. She didn’t want to stay home when all her friends went to college so she went Newhouse at SU and it was the best thing she ever did and is taking sports management at Syracuse and majoring in film tv so it all works out

But my son seems to have settled into his choice since being waitlisted at Michigan not sure what he will do. He was so upset I guess he got over it and now not sure if he cares . Weird

If anyone heard other info regarding waitlist for
LSA lmk.

The person who told me it was today has a daughter who just finished her first year at Michigan and that is the word

4 Likes

Someone on ZeeMee said they had been admitted from the waitlist (pre med, probably LSA)

‘I just got admitted into UMich and off the waitlist bc they offered me a half summer term deal. However, I’m wondering if it’s worth it’

That sounds like the Bridge program - a small program for kids with potential who are first generation, from underrepresented Michigan high schools, or otherwise disadvantaged, etc

3 Likes

Do freshmen register for classes during their virtual orientation session?

You register for classes when you meet with your counselor unless something has changed. This is done during your orientation in this summer.

Orientation Overview | University of Michigan Office of New Student Programs.

Short answer… Yes. :rofl:

When my LSA student had her meeting in 2020, she was expected to have had classes/a schedule in mind, she discussed them with the advisor, then he sent her off to schedule herself. Any questions were to be directed to a student assistant.

According to the link that @knowstuff provided, the process appears to be the same. They don’t schedule during the meeting. Under Student Expectations for Orientation, it says, “ It is our goal for students to build a relationship with their advisors and other incoming students, as well as learn the necessary skills to register on their own in future terms.”