UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Congrats to your D. Surprises like these makes it very interesting in the college application journey. These days I’m pretty addicted to CC and Reddit (off work times though), to read every new post. :grinning:

1 Like

What is Dearborn?

Don’t ask about triplets.
:rofl:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know. I heard they didn’t so we are surprised.

Congrats

Don’t…my daughter was admitted last year with a 1360. With test optional we were advised that better to submit and it worked out great for us.

1 Like

DD and I were discussing that the other day as she also will be at MSU competition lol.

University of Michigan - Dearborn campus.

:grinning: Same here. We are going to have to find a new hobby after college admissions season.

4 Likes

Was she OOS?

That’s what I was told - especially from our high school in the South where we had almost zero test interruptions. Her advisor told her if she didn’t submit they’d assume the worst, and since hers were within the 25/75 range, she submitted a 32 ACT. It worked for UT Austin and UGA…but she only has her reaches left…

1 Like

Yes, I’m in NYC where everyone competitive preps in one way or another for the SAT/ACT. So, in NYC it’s definitely a red flag if you don’t submit scores because all competitive students takes the tests. You’re best placed not submitted scores if you’re a URM or geographically diverse (if you want to say her have students from all 50 states, they will take someone from Wyoming, right?). As for athletes, I believe the NCAA requires scores but the scores don’t matter much if the coach puts you on his/her list.

However, don’t fret about SATs or GPAs not insanely high. I truly believe once a student reaches a threshold (probably somewhere in the 1300s), the AOs look at everything.

My son (CoE '19) had a 3.45 average (at an NYC private school) and 2300/2400 SAT and got in on the first round of EA (mid December 2014). My middle child, a daughter, (Ford '21) had the reverse - 30/31 on ACT but a 98/100 average at a huge NYC public school (lots of ECs) and she too got in on the firs round of EA in mid December 2016. There are lots of factors.

My applicant is a daughter applying to LSA from an NYC Public School (the “Fame” school - she’s a dancer) - with 1510 SAT and 96 average. I’m hoping between the stats and her 2 sibs as grads, UMich will happen for her. But not getting the EA results in December is a huge bummer.

3 Likes

Forgive the horrible typing/autocorrects!

Did in-state come out?

We are in-state and nothing yet. Really agonizing.

any possibility of 5pm?

No, they said its not going to be today

who said?

Someone I know live chat with admissions and they said it won’t be today

Their words were “No, Early Action decisions will not be released
today.”