UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Chez, Maybe we should create a “CrazyTigerParentMeter” to measure how wound-up parents are about whether their kid gets into the right college. It could be on a 1-10 scale, with 1 being totally chill, and 10 being “Lori Loughlin paying fixers to hire test takers and bribe rowing coaches to get her slacker kids into USC” crazy. No one on this forum is below a four. I’ve seen some on here - who will go un-named - who score at least an 8.5.

6 Likes

If I recall last year there was a miniwave in late Feb early March, is that considered RD or EA?

It’s the obvious passion for UM that makes this thread so much fun. People care. It’s a good thing. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve known risk averse kids not to apply to UM because UM is considered unpredictable.

2 Likes

EA decisions “will be released no later than the end of January 2022” as per the UMich website:

Therefore, a Feb/Mar wave would be RD.

there is a change in the website again like last monday

7 Likes

wait what? how?

Maybe this is routine site maintenance that happens every weekend and people are only noticing it now? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi, does this specific screen mean anything?

1 Like

I got the same thing today when logged in.

Last week there was a lot of speculation that if you see this screen on Monday then results will be out that Friday. But that didn’t happen.

See my previous post above - I think it might just be routine maintenance. Regardless, most of us here think results will be out this Friday the 28th.

1 Like

Last week the ea processing screen was only up for an hour or so but today it’s been up since early morning

Any idea if Ross releases in concert with LSA if postponed? For example, EA applicant gets postponed this week. Is it possible they find out BOTH LSA and Ross concurrently on one of the Ross release dates, or would there be a delay (get into LSA, then wait for next round or two of Ross to see if accepted there)?

Certainly seems that students waiting for a secondary acceptance might get hurt a bit by UM’s postponement likelihood. Also, if one of their reasons for postponement is yield management…acceptance into Ross should be a worry. I would imagine the majority of students hoping to get into Ross are going to have it at the very top (if not absolute top) of their list.

1 Like

“shouldn’t” be a worry

1 Like

Cal Poly gr8 Engineering program… Did D18 also do Engineering? which is better?

Will all of the early action decisions be released at once on let’s say Friday (which I assume will be the date) or should we expect a possible gap where some may hear back from UM on Monday the 31st? I would assume they all come out at the same time but I wasn’t quite sure with the large amount of applicants.

Does the investment in Engineering pay off in salary? UM is significantly ranked higher but 4x the price… is it a good investment???

I guess this question is OOS people - this is my sons first choice so if he gets in it is a done deal…but looking for the silver lining if he doesnt…

We are out of state. It is a difficult choice for something like CS because of the very large class sizes together with the cost.

you can get to your appdata area only but not additional info there.

https://enrollmentconnect.umich.edu/apply/status?cmd=appdata