UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Noticed this too. Guessing our decisions are being uploaded into the system.

@Goose15, playing around with the “?cmd=
” portion of the URL to see what data you can retrieve from the site seems cool but my 2 cents on this: there’s a story from about 10+ years back (not a myth or urban legend, but a verified incident) where some students were able to successfully retrieve their admission decision from the Harvard portal a few days ahead of the announcement through similar “clever tricks”. Harvard got wind of this, declared that it was an illegal hacking of their site and rescinded admissions of those involved.

So I would personally caution anyone from trying these tricks. UMich may or may not monitor or care, but why risk it? Best to wait a few more days when you’ve waited all these months.

8 Likes

Last year when I received my early action decision there was a very small gap between releases. At about 2:50 most people who were postponed/deferred or rejected could access their decision but I couldn’t access my acceptance until like 2:55. But I would expect due to trends that it will all be on the same day.

3 Likes

I think that is great advice!

My son S18 in COE with CS major. Internship of Sophomore and Junior year take care of 4 years of apartment rent and some portion of fees. And then guaranteed job months before graduation. Investment can be paid with just 6 months into job.
I am on the forum for my S22 Ross/LSA

So could it be today?

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Deleted the message. I didn’t see someone already posted similar message with screenshot. :slight_smile:

Probably not. UMich seems to really only release decisions from Wednesday to Friday.

1 Like

I can only speak to Michigan CoE. Son graduated in '19 and first job was in the six figures, working at a financial technology (“FinTech”) company in Chicago. A couple years later he moved to New York and got a substantial increase in comp at a growing artificial intelligence company. Loves his work and his workmates and couldn’t be happier. Bought an apartment in Brooklyn - without help from Mom and Dad!

7 Likes

My portal is weird right now.

2 Likes

I contacted umich through live chat. they said it will be released on 31st January, Monday

Do you have a screenshot?

no
I dont have

ugh, next Monday feels like an eternity.

1 Like

I just asked on live chat and they would not confirm this.

Are you sure they said “on” rather than “by”?

1 Like

Confirmed. I also live chatted the question and received Monday, Jan. 31.

I’m actually blown away that people call when they’re rejected. Can anyone on CC honestly attest to someone calling and then getting in?! Lol

1 Like

They said on.