UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Actually, they’re not alone. My D is expecting 4 EA decisions this week.
UMich has mentioned “by end of January” all along so it’s not because of any delays or apps waiting to be read. It’s simply the timeline they’ve chosen.

5 Likes

Agreed another issue also is the volume of applications that these schools are receiving is not helping with the timeline.

seems like if memory serves me correctly there wasa time UM told people mid Dec.

1 Like

Yes, they used to announce the week before Christmas until 2019 (class of 2024), then switched to end-Jan last year (for class of 2025) and are sticking with that schedule this year.

1 Like

What time would decisions potentially come out?

Around 3pm EST as per @sushiritto’s post up-thread.

Decisions could come anytime between now and 11:59 pm on Jan 31?

Ours is strict as well. Your GC basically stands over you and watch you pull the other applications, and will have your head on a pike if you don’t - it hurts their credibility with the colleges if you don’t hold up your end, they say (and I believe them). We fortunately have a small number of kids who are in this position because most are in early, so it’s easy for our GCs to monitor.

Anything is possible of course, but based on past trends: unlikely to be anything other than 1/28 at 3pm.

5 Likes

I know a parent who didnt want to pull application from UM when their kid got into Ivy because they want to just see… pisses me off - hurting it for everyone else. I dont think GC stood over them to make sure they did… I know her selfish actions may be hurting others - I just hope CG is on top of it. I would like to think if my kid is qualified they will get in regardless. Perhaps it doesnt work that way.

5 Likes

Problem is… There are so many qualified kids applying… Your kids shouldn’t take any of this personally… It’s a numbers game with some luck thrown in the… :four_leaf_clover::1234:

7 Likes

Which is actually a great reason for their postponement “yield protect” on a large number of qualified OOS candidates in the EA round. In those scenarios, they’re not hurting anybody. Though, to be fair, we mentioned this concern a few years back with our older one. The GC basically said that it wasn’t technically hurting anyone, other than possibly delaying notifications, since they weren’t “taking up a spot” in the class.

2 Likes

You can not help but read all of these posts and realize how crazy the system is. You can see where it is going if you look at Med School or the UK University system.

It will all be done on the blockchain and kids will rank their choices 1-10. On a day, the colleges will all submit their decisions and the chain will automatically match kids with schools. There will need to be a financial aid overlay which makes it slightly more complex but this all seems obvious. Current system is broken.

3 Likes

Anyone hear back yet about EA decision?

Nope

Not today, he says boldly. If I am wrong will blame @sushiritto anyway… :rofl:… (running joke)…

1 Like

So many Sherlock Holmes, Magnum PIs, and Columbos sleuthing to determine timing of announcements…can’t stop but laugh…I fully appreciate the seriousness of the decision, but everyone’s waited for so long…what’s a few days more? My son isn’t checking at all …and asks me if anything interesting is coming out of the forums :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here. My daughter isn’t nearly as neurotic about this as I am so I’m counting on you all to keep me up to date :slight_smile:

4 Likes

220px-Magnumtomselleck

7 Likes

Columbo is the apt comparison - you already know you will know the decision by a certain date, but there is so much drama in figuring out the exact moment. Much like in Columbo where you know the who, how, and why in the first 15 minutes and you also know the culprit is going to be caught in the end but there is still so much entertainment.

2 Likes