UMich Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

Ha - you’d think! We live in Wisconsin so I’m sure that explains it. Living in Wisconsin is what makes me want to be in a warm climate - had the opposite effect on my son.

That’s what I get for working at the same time, I grabbed the wrong number. Sorry about that. I made the edit. Thanks.

One note, I’d consider last year’s numbers as an anomaly, since less OOS/International admittances actually enrolled due to Covid shutdowns and the OOS acceptance rate was probably higher due to additional OOS acceptances to backfill the losses of OOS enrollees.

Is UMich gonna come out today?

Nope.

What happened for those waiting for Ross? Nothing for them either?

Ross releases decisions at 5:00 PM EST. And the number may small enough that no one here on CC will get an admittance, since CC represents such a small sample size.

1 Like

Are any RDs expected today?

No - but hopefully 3/26 or 4/2.

2 Likes

chill

accepted to ross!

7 Likes

congrats!

1 Like

thanks!

Umich CS vs Purdue CS vs Gtech CS
All 3 are OOS with no scholarship. Which one is a better program?

IMO GA Tech CS

Can’t go wrong with any of these schools. All are very strong in CS. Save your $ and go to the most affordable.

1 Like

You’ll get a great job from each of them. The question is where do you want to be location-wise? And what other things, besides academics is important to you, if anything?

2 Likes

Hey guys, I have a question… I’m an incoming international freshman this fall, and will be majoring in economics. So far the best universities I’ve been accepted to were UC San Diego and UT Austin, and the only one remaining that could possibly win over these two is the University of Michigan. Do you think the “academic gap” between UT Austin/UCSD and Michigan is too big? Or are they somewhat in the same level?

Know nothing about UCSD, but UT is going to be plenty hard. Econ there also is a very difficult major there and at UT the grading scale is actually higher than at most schools and people don’t realize that. So where most people think a 90 is an A- it is actually higher than that. I can’t quite remember the cut off but I was surprised it wasn’t a 90. An A is higher also and so on.

Many kids you will meet will be working and studying hard. Some of course won’t. But you will find that anywhere. There are plenty of kids that will struggle there, and I know plenty that have struggled at UM. It’s what you make of it and how well prepared you are as well.

2 Likes

They’re all great schools. Cost, location, weather.

UCSD’s campus isn’t pretty and doesn’t have D1 sports, but the San Diego/La Jolla location is beautiful.

2 Likes

Don’t forget SD/La Jolla is EXPENSIVE!!!

1 Like