UMich Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

Ut is a better choice. Look at the companies moving headquarters in Austin. You will have easy time with internships and jobs

1 Like

Got it. Thank you for the info! I asked because I don’t really know my chances of getting into U of Michigan, but it seems like I won’t be missing out on too much if I attend either one of them. Thanks!

Yep, and I’ve heard the weather in Austin is quite hard to deal with sometimes :sweat_smile: the constant 100° degree weather can be quite scary even for Brazilians like me

1 Like

Both are huge high profile schools with great opportunities. Think about cost and where you want to live! Very different climates. Very different states in terms of growth, politics, you name it. (UT vs Michigan). Also, it’s hot at times, but it’s not constant 100 degree weather. We were there this weekend and it was gorgeous.

1 Like

That’s true… and lots of those companies going to Texas are moving there from California, so -1 point for UCSD I guess :sweat_smile:

Yes, it’s looking like the decision will come down to these regional factors… but I’m happy to know that if I’m not accepted into Michigan, at least UT is at the same level. And I’ve heard Austin is gorgeous, one of the reasons UT is attracting me a bit more than UCSD… and because the job market there is growing rapidly too. Thanks!

2 Likes

I already have a kid at UT. I think you meant this for the original poster perhaps?

My kid loves UT. Can’t say if kids that graduate there are necessarily staying in Austin for jobs or not as she is not staying there for her summer internship. It is the summers that are brutally hot and the beginning of the school year, but right now it’s gorgeous there and not bad at all.

Great town, lots of fun and they live and die football. UM its all sports.

1 Like

Thats another reason why I’m leaning towards UT instead of UCSD… I feel like students at Austin are really proud of the school, and I don’t really get that from UCSD. And longhorn games seem like a blast to attend, something I intend to do sometime :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but if I end up being accepted at Michigan I’d have to give a good thought about it, since it’s similar to UT in the sense that it has lots of school pride and sports.

2 Likes

For me and my taste it’s:

Michigan/Ann Arbor> UT/Austin > UCSD/San Diego

And I’m a native Californian. But I’d be more than happy in the other two too. I just like smallish college towns. And the snow is different for 4 years.

I also like when you walk down the street here in NorCal and 5 different people will yell “Go Blue” at you.

2 Likes

Wish my son applied to UT :frowning: it would have made it even more complicated to decide between gtech/umich/ut :wink:

1 Like

If school sports is important to you, go to Michigan or ut, if you like to walk on the beach every other evening to see the sunset, go to UCSD. Academically they are on the same level. I went to Michigan and loved everything there other than the winter. Foe the whole January you might have one sunny day. Texas summer is too hot for me. San Diego is beach weather all year round.

2 Likes

I also have that! Does it mean anything?

Where is this located? Which portal?

Where is it??

It was in my portal source code. Here is what another user said: “Type this into the search bar: view-source:Login 140
if that doesn’t work then just type “view-source:” before your link to enrollment connect.”

Then I used the “Command + F” button to search the source code for “#admitreplybutton.”

1 Like

Mine is also present. I wouldn’t speculate, I’m sure that UMich changes the code when they release acceptances or denials, but I’m not entirely sure.

^from last year’s discussion. Can someone who knows about code confirm this? Or is it all just a speculation

Has anyone this year/on this thread not received this code?

I found #paymentbutton, but it’s probably just in the code already for everyone unless it’s just not.