UMich Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

UMich has a large waitlist usually so I’m not sure

2 Likes

I would think you’re correct. You can’t withdraw your application after you’re admitted, and instead it’s that you “decline” your acceptance. Or whatever they say. So the question is what does someone who was accepted have on their portal for when they want to decline their acceptance because at that point you aren’t withdrawing your application as you said.

someone responded above, they’re accepted and they have the withdraw button still :frowning:

im sure its acceptance rate is around 20% for the last wave at a 9% is not even close to it.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, I’m not sure what it means at all

wait it is 16% now but lets see how the data will end at. maybe waitlist or acceptance, who knows. best wishes

Last year overall UMich’s acceptance rate was 22.8% while the waitlist rate was 48%, based on the poll, the people have the withdraw button is 16%, which is very close to 22.8%

Im confused by the correlation between decisions today and no withdraw button

1 Like

I still have the withdrawal button, but as a transfer applicant I’m not sure if its as relevant as I might not get my decision today

1 Like

The poll has a tiny sample size, I don’t think we should be drawing any conclusions from it. A total of 11 people said they had the button in the poll.

2 Likes

Folks are saying that if you do not have the withdraw button you’ll get your decision today. Apparently once your decisions are entered by the system, it removes the withdraw option. What is not clear is whether it correlates to acceptance or rejection. Based on UC Berkeley posts, if withdraw option was not available, it meant rejection. Personally, I do no think that is the the case for U Michigan. no withdraw button, simply means decisions are likely coming out today.

3 Likes

i agree with you, the only thing we know is that the people without withdrawn button will hear today, nothing else is promising.

1 Like

what time does umich come out usually

3pm EDT

Why would no withdraw button mean a decision today when people who are already accepted have the withdraw button?

oh my gosh 40 min!

2 Likes

if having the withdraw button means acceptance and also waitlisted, the 16% from the poll is too low.
Looking at who accepted posted the snapshot in the EA thread, that person has withdraw button, plus defer admission, request deposit wavier something like that with it. So I think we cannot make any assumption by looking at withdraw button only.
Just relax and wait when the result comes.
Good luck to you all.

6 Likes

I have no idea. There could be two withdraw options, one to withdraw your application, other to withdraw your admission.

3 Likes

EA decisions came around 4:30 pm EST

1 Like

i think the withdrawal button may simply be if you’re getting a decision today or next week

2 Likes