UMich Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

does someone know for LSA?

That is definitely a strange one, especially since they supposedly have set Ross notification dates!

1 Like

OOS acceptance is typically 19%

3 Likes

Are you telling me or asking me? :grinning:

I answered a question about the instate acceptance rate from @rpnnie

Now, the OOS acceptance rate of 19% +/- was accurate for the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 admissions cycles, but not accurate for last admissions cycle for 2020-2021. The 2020-2021 OOS acceptance rate was 21.9%, which was due to more offers going out to OOS applicants, because many decided to stay closer to home when Covid started shutting things down.

The acceptance rates should go down for 2021-2022, for both instate and OOS, since Michigan received a record 80,000+ apps.

2 Likes

@sushiritto - do you know where/how to confirm that 80,000+ apps statistic? just curious whether that is published yet anywhere…

@hmmnotsure1 The stats (50,000+ EA apps and 80,000+ total apps) were provided by a poster @danloeb

1 Like

@hmmnotsure1 80k+ applications was mentioned specifically in a congratulatory email my son received from his regional admissions counselor after he was accepted

1 Like
   ...     delete

Boo! Why would you assume that?

So that would imply that acceptance rates went from 23% to 15%, which is surprising to me given the Midwest schools had decline in applicant on average while the West and North East schools had an incline. Also, elite schools had a sharp increase but not those right below elite.

1 Like

So are we not expecting any admissions waves tomorrow? I’ve been hearing a lot of talk about 3/26 being the first big wave since a lot of other schools (northwestern etc.) are also releasing decisions on the 26th. But maybe a small one tomorrow?

1 Like

I would be surprised if anything tomorrow. Next week I would think so.

Michigan accepts roughly 15,000 applicants, if you exclude last year when more OOS were accepted since more applicants were staying close to home.

So, 15,000/80,000 +/- applications would be about 19% +/- acceptance rate.

You’re correct. I had read 12,000 were accepted but now I see 15,000 are. So your math makes sense and that makes more sense. Still a little surprising but not as much.

Data from 2020

From this fall’s 65,021 applications, U-M offered admission to 16,974 first-year students. Of those offered admission, 6,879 enrolled, making for a first-year class slightly larger than the 6,830 students who enrolled last year.

2 Likes

The way Michigan seems to be handling this year’s admissions cycle with a 5-week EA decision delay, small 1st RD wave and a much later 2nd RD wave, I believe last year’s data will be an anomaly in terms of acceptances.

2 Likes

I agree. This is the year of waitlists.

5 Likes

Isn’t tomorrow a Ross decision day?

https://michiganross.umich.edu/undergraduate/bba/admissions/admissions-blog/2021/01/14/dates-you-ve-been-waiting-when-our-2021-bba

It appears so.

Ok I thought I was going crazy, bc everyone was saying nothing was coming out tomorrow, lol. I can’t wait until May 1st