UMich Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

Accepted on 1/25 LSA Econ from OOS 4 Year.

Anyone know if umich still sends acceptance packages to your house for transfer students or is all just online now?

My son got an envelope with the Michigan logo and a large Congratulations and Welcome printed on it
(so the mail person knows he got in LOL). Inside was a printed copy of the acceptance letter and a certificate.

How long after his transfer acceptance did this package take to arrive? Congratulations to your son!

1 Like

About a week. He was accepted last Wednesday and we got it somewhere in the middle of this week. It was postmarked two days after his acceptance, but now that EA decisions are out, I suspect that timeline may stretch out due to volume.

1 Like

Does anyone know if they consider past acceptance? Also, because of this, will they still have everything in my original file? (recs… etc)

Applied 1/29
STAMPS
3.6 GPA in state CC
30 completed credits

What were your stats?

1 Like

Anyone know how long it took for their transcripts to get processed and shown in the portal once they are received?

does anyone know how to go about rolling over my application? last year when i applied i got a decision letter saying that if i was still interested in applying i should update my application. i’m not sure if umich wants me to submit a new common application along with updating or if umich doesn’t need the new application. i already sent an email but they have not replied and the deadline is approaching soon

Can someone send another link for the discord? The other one is expired

Anyone heard anything this week?

When did you apply?

Applied end of November, checklist completed around January 14th after waiting for semester grades.

It just happened to my son too?

they will merge your two portals, the new one and the one from last year even with different emails. This also happened to my daughter when she applied as a transfer.

Has anyone been accepted into LSA for fall 2023 as a freshman applicant so far?

This is what I found on the website:

Note on applying to transfer during your first year: Competitive transfer candidates typically have two or more semesters of transferable graded college coursework at the time of application. This means that students applying to transfer in the winter semester of their first year after high school will not be admitted, except under extraordinary circumstances such as having been admitted as a first year applicant. Being wait listed as a first year applicant does not qualify as an extraordinary circumstance. Therefore, if you applied as a first year applicant for Fall 2023 and were denied admission, you should wait to submit a transfer application for Fall 2024 admission.

I don’t think this message was there in previous years and I don’t wanna be an auto reject so that’s why I’m asking

That’s weird. It also says
A specific number of earned credits is not required, but competitive transfer candidates typically have two or more semesters of transferable graded college coursework at the time of application. Students with less than two semesters of graded college work at the time of application will have more emphasis placed upon the high school academic record as part of our evaluative process.

Do they see old essays, ACT and SAT grades? My son created a new common application with edited all his essays.

Yes, they do. They merge the old portal with the new one. My daughter applied with test scores as a senior, and test-optional as a transfer and her test scores were in her new portal. They explained to her that they do in fact have access to her old application and all of the information in it.