UMich Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

4.692 HS GPA (all scales are different and I got a couple of B’s and one C+) and 3.9 College GPA. I have less than 30 credits!

1 Like

Anyone else’s withdraw button disappear?

no, it hasn’t.

2 Likes

Accepted 2/7
Checklist Completed 2/1

Sophomore transfer (freshman now at Clemson)
~30 credits
4.0 college GPA
3.88 high school (waitlisted senior year)
First gen

Lmk if there’s more questions about my stats!

2 Likes

Congratulations! That’s awesome!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

Denied. First year applying for Sophomore admission with 4.0 GPA.

do they email you when they have a decision or should you keep checking the portal and the “withdraw” button?

You have to keep checking the portal, there is no email.

1 Like

They didn’t email I checked at 1pm and my withdraw button was gone then had update at 2pm

The email follows the portal update by several hours, but if you open your decision first, the email is not sent. At least that is what I’ve been told and seemed to hold true in our experience.

1 Like

Hey guys! Just saw this post wanted to share my stats!

Freshman at UM-Dearborn
5 rec letters - 3 from profs. at UM-Dearborn
In-State, first gen at Umich
14 credits completed
4.0 GPA at Dearborn
Really bad HS GPA/SAT Score (3.55/1200)
Rejected 02/08/23

Pretty sure I got rejected for a plethora of reasons - mainly the credits issue. Planning on reapplying both next year for Fall 2024 and maybe Fall 2025. Hopefully that will make the difference, especially considering the dreadful HS stats.
Also applied to MSU. Their letter hasn’t arrived yet but I’m personally not sure if I would stay here or move to East Lansing.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who got accepted - and I feel everyone that got rejected, there will definitely be better opportunities arriving somewhere else, I’m sure of it.

I feel you. Same boat here. Maybe try again next year w/more credits?

When did you apply. Im submitted my application 2 weeks so im just curious for how long it took to get your decision.

It seems super random when they come back.
Also how do you even view the decision on the portal?

Submitted my application on Jan. 30 and came back on February 8. So nine days, pretty sure the short wait time was because they saw my transcript and immediately rejected me lol. I remember when I applied my senior year it took like 3 months to get back but I’m sure that’s just because its different admissions.
Anyway the long wait time for you could mean good news hopefully :smiley:

1 Like

They’ll give you an email saying that the enrollment portal has been updated. Or you could log into the enrollment portal and click Decision Letter Viewer under the application tab and it’ll be there if they gave you one.

Just a FYI. One reason they suggest transferring into Michigan as a junior is that way they don’t look at your high school scores etc. Talk to a transfer advisor at Ann Arbor. The transfers I have seen be successful as a sophomore transfer had really great high school scores. Hope this makes sense and good luck.

1 Like

I think when they know either way they get back quickly. OOS Sophomore son applied at deadline and heard back in 8 days yesterday….Accepted! He had a real interesting background. 2.5 HS gpa but 32 act (didn’t take hs seriously). But in college 3.7, semi-tough courses, leadership mentoring 40 college freshman, great recommendations as he impressed and worked closely with several professors, started an Amazon reseller business. I think his turnaround story (he was vulnerable in his essays) and trajectory pushed him over the edge. He is super excited. Good luck everyone.

3 Likes

anyone applying for school of information hearing back?