Umich or ASU - Computer Science

I know this thread is a little old, but have a question on applying to Barrett. My daughter will be applying to ASU Engineering through coalition. How does applying to Barrett works? Do we start another application after admission or right after submitting the ASU app?

Advitha, No Problem, I can answer. First step is to get admission and typically scholarships are offered at the time of admission. Second step (additional step) is to apply for Barrett. In my daughter’s case, we were recommended to apply for Barrett when we got admission notice.
Hope this helps

3 Likes

If you want to save a bit of time you can actually apply to Barret even before you receive your admission notice (but not until you get a login and password).

“You do not need to wait for ASU admission – all you need is your ASURITE ID and password (if it takes longer than 72 hours after submitting your ASU application to receive this information by email, contact your ASU Admissions Representative).”

FAQs | Barrett, The Honors College (asu.edu)

1 Like

As the others have said, you apply separately. ASU has rolling admissions so apply early to the university and then start the Barrett application either before or after. (you obviously need to be accepted at ASU before Barrett though)

Visit this website which will give you the answers to your questions:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info. We are about to pull the trigger for ASU this week, hopefully to Barrett by next week or so. I had no idea about ASU Barrett, CC threads are so insightful with loads of info. Thanks again!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new thread: ASU merit notification and GPA question