UMich Waitlist

1-2% coming off the WL would be a “typical” cycle, but now 2+ weeks out from the 5/1 SIR (statement of intent to register) date and not a whole lot of WL action, so I’m beginning to think this is an atypical year. Meaning, WL movement may limited to <1%.

4 Likes

But didn’t you say that they typically don’t go to the waitlist until the 4th week of May anyway (like May 24th/25th historically)?

A few years ago, I saw a CC member post that they came off the Michigan WL around the 4th of July. So, yes, May and June are still real possibilities to go to the WL. I’m just saying that the 1st 2-3 weeks post-5/1 here have been relatively quiet.

Also, some of the other college threads here have been kinda quiet too. I stopped by the ND thread and ND appears to have closed their WL with just a couple or few Gateway admissions.

My D21’s CA public school has been VERY quiet. Just a weird awkward silence for the most part. Obviously, I could be reading the whole situation/scene wrong.

In years past, just seems like it (WL admissions) was more like a game of “musical chairs” during the 1st few weeks in May.

2 Likes

My daughter’s friend just got off the waitlist for Kinesiology today.

6 Likes

Does anyone know if LSA has taken people off the waitlist? If they haven’t so far, is it possible they will before the waitlist closes?

1 Like

When I emailed my AO, I asked if she knew about waitlist info specifically for College of Nursing. That’s when she told me that they plan to finish in June and that she would “put a note in my file”. I’m assuming the note is about how I said I’m 100% committed to attending if offered admission but I’m not sure?

Either way, any applicants on here that are waitlisted especially for the smaller schools it might help to reach out because they most likely want to admit students that they know will accept their offer. (Except maybe not waitlisted nursing students since Im trying to get in lol :wink:)

we are still waiting on LSA, just FYI.

Would it be a good idea to email my regional AO asking whether they will admit people who applied to LSA?

1 Like

Nice! Do you know if it’s for Fall or Spring?

She told my daughter that it’s for fall.

Anyone know if waitlist admits follow the Friday at 3pm trend? Like is any day of the week fair game for waitlist admits or do they all release on a Friday?

Does anyone think there will be any waitlist movement for LSA soon?

2 Likes

someone got off an hour ago on reddit
edit: sorry i thought this was the uci thread for some reason :sob:

1 Like

Any news on the LSA waitlist yet?

I thought the first OOS/International wave for LSA would be yesterday. My guess is it will be at some point later this week.

Do you know anything for in-state students?

UMich has been taking in-state students off the waitlist as early as May 10th. They have not taken any OOS or International student off the waitlist yet as far as I know.

At this point, UMich is probably done or almost done admitting in-state applicants. I highly doubt they will not take any OOS/International students, and as I said the first wave for those people should occur soon. Remember that UMich is an anomaly, even relative to other large public schools. This waitlist will close long after other universities are finished.

2 Likes

Okay thanks, I was just wondering because I know of someone in-state who got off of the waitlist last year the second week of June.

First time I am hearing they took off some in-state students off the waitlist on May-10th… Are they from LSA waitlist?