UMich Waitlist

Any waves from engineering?

ppl are getting off the waitlist in LSA my friend going to umich told me people are entering the patio group for umich saying they got off

1 Like

Strange that there isn’t one person on CC or Reddit who have said that they’ve gotten off.

2 Likes

In-state or out-of-state?

It probably won’t be until mid to late July until we hear anything for out-of-state or international students. On a happier note, where did everyone commit to?

*June

people are less likely going to on those websites than patio tbh bc patio is solely used for meeting new people for like colleges

idk i’m sorry i was not told where

for those who got in, did you submit any additional/updated info or a LOCI to admissions?

There’s no one on here (CC) that has gotten in for LSA that we’ve heard. Still waiting.

Does UofM send waitlist rejection letters? I know they finalize waitlist decisions mid-june, but do we get a letter soon about our decisions?

I know they said mid-June, but based on what other schools are doing, it is likely Michigan will keep the waitlist open until at least the end of June. I don’t know why Michigan is taking so long, but at least other schools are also taking it slowly this year, so we aren’t alone. Enough time has passed that I think if they weren’t going to let anyone else in, particularly for LSA, they would know by now. It’s possible they are just waiting for everyone else to finish so it is likely that those they admit from the waitlist won’t get off somewhere else. Regardless, all we can do is wait.
By the way, check the UCLA waitlist thread. They have to wait until mid-July now. Considering it’s also a large public school, it’s likely Michigan will be similar.

I remember someone on this board saying that they received a letter from COE saying that they won’t be considering waitlist as they have over enrolled students this year. If that is true, did they send out rejections to all those on COE waitlist?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I emailed my AO yesterday. She said they will be releasing the waitlist soon and it appears like they have enough deposits at this time.

Just for LSA or COE or for everyone?

Im College of Nursing but they said the whole university

Someone on the reddit thread I linked a few weeks ago said that their AO told them they are “trying to finish” the waitlist by the end of June. IMO, that seems more likely than them already being full. That said, schools like nursing, engineering, kinesiology, dentistry, and public policy may already be full. Who knows, though. My guess is if there are any spots left, almost all of them are for LSA.

3 Likes

not necessarily i have friends who go to UofM and know of ppl who got off the waitlist for LSA all the way into early august i would still have hope fr

1 Like

This cycle, Class of 2026, may be different because Michigan was planning on reducing its freshman class from around 7,250-7,300 for the Class of 2025 to around Class of 2018’s size, which was around 6,700-6,800.

Michigan was planning a large reduction, but we’ll have to wait and see for the 2022-2023 CDS later this year.

BTW, when my D18 went to orientation in the Summer of 2018, Michigan did give us a pamphlet of info about her class, so maybe someone from this cycle will come back here to CC and report on a few statistics for the Class of 2026.

1 Like

That’s true but colleges are aware of that when they admit people in EA and RD. What I’m saying is Michigan likely already admitted less people, and they may need to fill similar, less or more seats than in previous years – the amount of people they admit from the waitlist does not depend that much on their target enrollment so long as they admitted fewer people before now. Also, most colleges overenrolled last year, so it would make sense to admit fewer people this year. The issue is colleges’ enrollment predictions have not been accurate since the pandemic started, so we don’t know what yield rates will be for the class of 2026. Lastly, I think Brendan is right. Michigan always takes a long time with their waitlist, and it is entirely possible for it to continue – at the very least the one for LSA – until July. I don’t know about August, but likely past mid-June.