UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

This is the official discussion thread for UMichigan Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: February 1

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Looks like the decisions are starting to come out. My daughter and every single one of her friends got a postponement email/decision. Some heavy hitters in that group too so that’s pretty surprising.

Just received email and got deferred. CS major, weighted 4.91, unweighted 4.0, sat 1580, has summer intern and cs volunteer research experince at UCLA. :frowning:

1 Like

Please use this thread for EA decisions: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/umich-ann-arbor-early-action-fall-2023/

2 Likes

Welcome to the RD thread :blush:…

So all EA applicants are now RD applicants. But don’t worry since many EA applicants gets accepted in February time frame so just hold on a bit longer…

But going forward the decisions are a bit different…

They will be accepted, denied or wait listed if they follow what they have done in the past.

Welcome to everyone that applied Regular decision!! :grin:

3 Likes
1 Like

You are so helpful. Thank you for your guidance during this very strange process.

Your welcome. Good luck!

1 Like

So to answer your question on the EA thread about the loci…

Personally I don’t think anything is optional even when they tell you it’s optional. This is just another way to separate yourself out from the crowd. Many applicants that really didn’t want Michigan drop out at this point also. Maybe they got accepted to somewhere more to their liking.

Write about how you will be an active participant on campus. What that looks like to you and that if affordable it would be your desired choice.

If there is any “achievement” worth mentioning then do so and it doesn’t have to be curing cancer.

If they ask for grades then send them.

And that your using senior year to get ready for college. That is important to most schools actually. No senioritis.

So, there is a possibility to hear sooner than April? Do they notify that they are releasing decisions in waves or you just keep checking your email and portal? Sorry, nervous parent here.

1 Like

Got it. It seemed they only wanted first semester grades, so I wasn’t sure if our applicant should give their “i want you” as well as an update. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Some quick questions about this-

First off, if I already talked about how I would fit in to campus in my “Why Mich?” essay, is it okay if I don’t talk about it as much? I want to focus mostly on accomplishments since November as I have gained leadership positions and the marching band that I’m already a leader in won the national championships. I also met with the drumline instructor for Michigan and played for him. I made sure to include that Michigan was my top choice at the end of it though. Would that be okay for the ECI? I’m sending in my mid-year transcript so I don’t know if I have to write about how I’m using my senior year to prepare for college academically.

Secondly, how have RD decision dates worked in the past? Do they all release at once in April or do they start releasing them in February?

You have been such a great help to everyone in this thread, so thank you once again.

Yes on all

What you have is perfect and impressive BTW. RD releases are in February,March and April and your chance of getting in is best in February and March.

1 Like

Should we try to send the LOCIs ASAP? When is the best time to send it?

1 Like

Take a few days to relax and then craft a well worded response. I would not wait till end of February. Try to get it out this week and it’s done with.

2 Likes

Will do, thank you!

Does this mean that RD decisions are on a rolling basis?

1 Like

To a degree I guess yes. They usually come out in February, March and April with the first two months your best chances of being accepted.

3 Likes