UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

I guess next Friday everyone:(! This sucks

3 Likes

Last year, 3/25 was last Friday of the month. This year, 3/31 is last Friday of the month. Itā€™s the last decision we are waiting for and definitely a top 3 school on the list.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the exact same boat as you lol. Iā€™ll probably commit to Pitt soon

3 Likes

D23 has had Michigan as her #1 since she foot on campus in April 2022. But she was deferred EA and just got accepted to Northwestern. I think sheā€™ll be a Wildcat before she even hears from Michigan at this rate.

5 Likes

Praying for a miracle :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: for our applicant. These waitlists and rejections really are taking a toll.

10 Likes

they rlly think they are something releasing after the ivys

5 Likes

And itā€™s so hard on us parents, each time a rejection or waitlist comes out it is like a punch to the gut for our kids and we need to try to support them. This whole process really stinks and does not make much sense.

14 Likes

It does not. Iā€™m just sick over it.

Iā€™m driving myself crazy, praying, seeing ā€œsignsā€ and truly believing they will get just 1 accept they are proud of and excited about.

My heart is just broken.

9 Likes

Such a brilliant strategy to get more people withdraw their applications and thus improve the schoolā€™s yield rateā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

One of my classmates got in EA UM (OOS). He doesnā€™t want to go to UM. So, I told him to reject the offer to give other students a chance. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Iā€™m a parent and advised my child to select ā€œinterested in waitlistā€ and do a LOCIā€™s for all schools in this process. From my experience with my oldest, one never knows how theyā€™re going to feel until they see all their cards on the table. Having said that, if she was dead set against any school, Iā€™d advise otherwise to help another student.

1 Like

My classmate already chose the school he likes so much. He just forgot to reject the other offers.

So I donā€™t think this has changed at all regardless what they did in the past

If in early action you donā€™t meet the requirements or deadlines will be rolled into the regular decision applicant pool. All materials must then be postmarked by Feb. 1 and decisions will be released by early April.*

Waiting sucks no question, but this has been on their site for years. You are all very close so almost there. I have my theories but it doesnā€™t matter at this point.

Start looking into your acceptances that you currently have and see if itā€™s affordable and a good fit. Do deeper dives into them. If Michigan happens then itā€™s just another option.

Good luck and hope everyone gets the answer their looking for but I am assuming your other options are equally as great.

2 Likes

That doesnā€™t change anything. Itā€™s a really bad conspiracy thatā€™s been floated around. A lot can change in a month so if the option is there, keep it open. Youā€™re not hurting anyone by doing so.

(edit: I see ur friend alr committed, I do stand by not rejecting but either way is fine)

2 Likes

This whole UMich EA postponement then no date on decisions is really too much. My son has already kind of lost interest in them now and initially it was one of his first choices.

I think this is a mistake that they havenā€™t released decisions yet.

Weā€™d heard that it was because theyā€™d received too many applications to even read through before any deadline.

Who knows right?

4 Likes

i emailed admissions a few days ago; nothing yet

1 Like

Financial aid/CSS indicate 3/31 for MI to come out. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

Could also mean decisions are released by this date. We will see soon enough!

It says 3/31 is the deadline to complete them. I donā€™t think that indicates decisions being released that day. But we are down to the wire so it will be within the next week or so one way or another.

5 Likes

I agree. Michigan was my D23ā€™s first app (EA, then Postponed.) So much has happened since then with nothing but a ā€œweā€™ll decide laterā€ from Michigan. I have moved on. I think she may have too.

6 Likes