UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

i feel like reading into this stuff is a waste… no point in stressing out, there is apparently only an hour left anyways

4 Likes

When are they coming out?

people are saying 3pm today

1 Like

The way UM handles the admission process is weird.

1 Like

I have been banned from discussing D23’s college decisions in her presence (she’s our UM applicant). Apparently I’m stressing her out. I have definitely NOT been given portal access!

S23 is committing to Hamilton (as of last night). I really hope we have Michigan decisions by tonight and get to all move on with our lives and futures, no matter what the results are!

4 Likes

As a college applicant, I am the same way with my parents:)
I also hope that we can get this over with, it is my last decision.

2 Likes

I stopped it eat in Ann Arbor so hopefully it will be good juju. Good luck if it happens

5 Likes

Speaking of Ann Arbor… anybody who has visited what do you think? I have never been before and I’d like to know what its like

which school is considered better for business/entrepreneurship? Emory (goizueta) or Umich (ross)?

I’d say Ross

3 Likes

Hello, my S22 got in last year and roughly 3 hours before the withdraw button disappeared. Hang in there, it will all be good

4 Likes

I will be back to driving so read the entire thread it’s there somewhere… Lol

No I haven’t been admitted

2 Likes

it’s wonderful!!! nice little college town

1 Like

I feel you. I myself don’t think I talk too much about this admission stuff, but whenever I said something, kid will say, mom, this is all you talked about…so I promised I won’t talk to her about this any more….and why I keep visiting this website!

5 Likes

Just texted my D23 at school to check UMich portal. Her reply “sounded” (it’s a text so I could be wrong, lol) exasperated. She said Mom, it’s still March. Okee! :yum:

4 Likes

Are CS direct admit decisions expected to come with decisions? have they been after in the past?

1 Like

My D23 and her dad did a campus tour. It doesn’t have that enclosed campus feel. What I mean by that is that you walk right into it unlike Harvard, Boston College and Northeastern for example, where there is a visible periphery that tells you that you’re about to enter the school campus. It’s a smaller college town and has a nice variety of restaurants.

2 Likes

This is the 1st year of “advanced selection” for CS.

2 Likes

Agree. We liked it but the town and the campus are very much geographically integrated with each other.

2 Likes