UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Shouldn’t matter? Just put virginia

2 Likes

Ohio!!!

6 Likes

D Accepted
Applied EA, deferred, Instate
Nursing
3.99 UW GPA, 7 AP, 4 years Spanish, rank 15/610, 1 jv, 2 sport V athlete (2 years), no scores

2 Likes

i really wish we would hear back from umich tonight! i dont want to wait another week </3 it is what it is though

1 Like

D Waitlisted LSA Undecided. Sibling at UMich. OOS. No test scores submitted. 3.85 unweighted. 5 or 6 APs. Tons of extracurricular service and leadership. Magnet HS in Midwest feeder. Has IEP. No other diversity. She got into Wisconsin and Tulane both in design majors. Just needs to decide.

8 Likes

alright yeah youre right, thanks

2 Likes

Got waitlisted (as expected). The OOS price was a big ask to begin with. Unfortunate, but it’s time to move on! Congrats to those who got in.

4 Likes

We are committed too!! We held our spot a few weeks ago anticipating this

OOS waitlist

Have quite a number of these WLs NYU, BC, and now U of M

Process sucked this year. Glad to have gotten into a target that is in the UK/Ireland. Will be sort of glad my kid gets to experience 4 years away from this country at a great place for them academically.

A place where they don’t care what non-profit kid started or what bogus clubs kid leads. Just admit based on grades, tests and demonstrated knowledge of major applying into.

9 Likes

Congratulations!:champagne:

2 Likes

One of my friends is going to UK for medical school right after high school. You are absolutely right, they only look at your grades. Only US universities/colleges look at ECs.

1 Like

Tulane - congrats!

4 Likes

Same here. We accepted OSU Engineering a few weeks ago in anticipation of a UMich rejection. Waitlist offer was actually a surprise but we are definitely going with the school that loves us back. Go Buckeyes

6 Likes

DS accepted Engineering; OOS

9 Likes

waitlisted. likely going to UC Berkeley instate anyways. can’t believe how many waitlists (3rd one) -also waitlisted at UCLA, NYU

4 Likes

It looks like nearly no rejections and tons of waitlists

2 Likes

Oh how I wish we had thought about applying to the UK schools…. Congrats. I am envious of your kid…

2 Likes

Yes, which tells you that the WL will not budge much this year.

2 Likes

Or maybe, Michigan just couldn’t manage the process this year and was overwhelmed. Marginal/close admits moved to waitlist gives them time and options. For us it is a non issue as our daughter isn’t going to wait on an extreme longshot that she almost positively can’t afford.

4 Likes

But hardly any rejections noted. That seems odd. Even if ppl are reluctant to say they were rejected you’d expect to see a few noted.

2 Likes