UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Jayden Davis Top Michigan QB recruit…

“If you graduate with a degree from Michigan, you’re almost set for success,” Davis said. “My mom and dad have always been ‘no books, no ball’ and education tops the charts in their mind.”

Son waitlisted OOS. Was a reach knowing the competitiveness of the school. Here is my 2 cents - my husband an executive in NYC - Michigan will always be Michigan, it stands alone in the NYC market compared to other State Schools, nothing even comes close. Not even the UC’s, or Wisconsin or any of the other top public schools. My son is going to Ohio State, an amazing presentation at Fisher, my other children attend/ graduated Penn State. We love the Big 10 conference. If Michigan ever knocks, we will open the door. Good luck to everyone.

10 Likes

Son Waitlisted. OOS.
OSU here we come
Go Buckeyes!!!

5 Likes

We just visited UF and were wowed. Besides being a top 5 public university and #29 in the country, the school is spending $2 billion (that’s not a type o) on construction and upgrades.

3 Likes

thank you so much - super helpful!

3 Likes

thank you! yes, I’ve heard that about wisconsin! Curious, why are they saying that? Popularity?

2 Likes

U have great choices. I went to wisco and it was fabulous so that would be my vote. So many choose UF but I don’t see the allure. So many online classes there and so many students entering by way of a local community college it just seems like anyone can go there through different pathways. My son also will choose from a similar list of Wisc, UF, Miami, Syracuse and UT Austin. It’s been a long year i just want it to be over !

2 Likes

Hi, I applied for a B.S. in Urban Technology

Has anyone heard anything back about the Four Year Renewable Scholarships from LSA?

2 Likes

i was wondering the same, i applied within a week of being accepted but i haven’t heard back.

Anyone able to register for the admitted student receptions yet?

Through most of the 1900s thru the 70s Wisconsin was ranked higher in liberal arts and sciences than UMich. Then the state made some dumb moves and those hurt the rep. The prior Chancellor did a great job rebuilding that.

3 Likes

Waitlisted, had applied EA
In state
4.2 GpA
1470 SAT
33ACT
So…she’s excited to be a Hoosier at Kelley!

5 Likes

That’s great insight - thank you!!! Congrats to your son! (and you!)

1 Like

thanks! Wisco has a new chancellor now, correct?

2 Likes

OOS son accepted to CoE (deferred initially from EA) - 2/350 1550 SAT (790 math) and many APs

Cant convince him to go to campus day to see if a final fit (we visited for a tour though) after going to a scholarship competition at MSU in Lansing.

Got into UF (which was his original top pick) but no honors ($6000 OOS per year scholarship) and when we visited he didn’t feel good about UF vs what Michigan State offered him. Also food was horrible on and off campus.

He committed to MSU after the florida visit and after a second visit with MSU CoE dean, dept head and a couple of engineering ambassadors. Loved the professorial assistant ship (1 of 200 incoming class that get to do paid research in 1st year), the extraordinarily nice people in Lansing and student life outside of academics. And great food on and off campus.

Anyway I thought he would be extremely excited as I was about UMich acceptance but he said he doesn’t expect them to be any different than UF and what MSU offered him was in his best interest.

Go figure.

• Denied at MIT and UT Austin after being deferred
  • Waitlisted at Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Cornell, UVA, Georgia Tech, and Northeastern after being deferred
  • Accepted UMich, UF, BU, RPI ($32k/y scholarship), UMD ($6k/yr scholarship, scholars program), VTech, Texas A & M Honors, U of Mass, Amherst, WPI, Penn State, MSU, Binghamton

I know. He applied to a lot but we knew it would be tough sledding after what we saw our 3 other children went through.

6 Likes

anyone still waiting? i am! hoping for the best :slight_smile:

On another note, does anyone else see a summer '23 application on their portal? I only submitted a fall '23 application that is there as well. not only does it say i started the summer app. it says I submitted (I definitely do not remember doing that).

1 Like

Me! I’m surprised they’re waiting this long

Omg!!! I have that too