UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

That’s so weird I asked everywhere if anyone else had this and it seemed like it was only me. Did you apply for LSA?

I did apply for LSA! Hoping this is a good sign we haven’t heard back yet? however it looks like only people who applied early action have gotten a decision. I’m in the RD pool!

I know a bit of RD people that received a decision on Friday so I wonder why some heard back and some didn’t. What I’m worried about is honors apps are due April 5th and we haven’t even heard back so how can we even apply lol

THATS EXACTLY MY CONCERN! certain scholarships are also due soon and we can’t apply till admitted </3 I’m honestly just hoping for acceptance. Looks like I found someone in the same boat as me. Have been on my computer 24/7 the past 2 days

You’re literally the only person I’ve been able to find who has the same problem as me hahaha. Are you thinking of calling the admissions office on Monday? I want to call and ask about the honors app and stuff but I don’t want to be annoying. I called on Friday afternoon telling them I hadn’t gotten my decision and they were kinda rude to me and told me they’d all be released that day but obviously they weren’t

I’m sure they got like a thousand calls which is why they were short with me but still, I wish everyone was on the same page

my friend made a point that maybe they won’t release them till Monday or later because the office is closed on weekends. IMO bc its such a close call, they may be waiting on making decisions for certain people as they are waiting for people to decline their acceptance or spot on waitlist? I just can’t wrap my head around why some people heard back and some didn’t

I really hope we don’t have to wait all the way till friday because missing the honors deadline + only having a few weeks to scrounge up the money for the enrollment deposit is hard LOL

1 Like

UMich is the last school I’m waiting to hear from and has been a top school of mine for quite some time. Does your summer app say it was started and completed on 3/31?

Mine says on 3/30 but I have no idea why it would be saying that because I didn’t apply for summer at all

crazy! the fact that it was yesterday (for me)…the same day decisions went out. Do you know anyone still waiting that doesn’t see that?

as far as i know nobody else has mentioned it on the applying to college reddit or discord so it’s super weird. i wonder if it’s for some like conditional acceptance like heyyy you can come but you have to start xyz class over the summer first or something idk lol im just coping at this point :crying_cat_face: hahaha

tbh! i’ll take that!! i’m making up all these “well maybe” scenarios in my head as well. its so toxic :smiling_face_with_tear: never want to go through this college process again. absolutely disheartening

if you end up hearing back sometime next week come back here and let me know lolol im really anxious about this i wish i just knew all of my options already so i can just make a quick decision and try not to worry about it for the summer

same! what are your other options? and if u want, private message me ur ig ( that way we can contact each other quicker). I’m Andrea btw! Cali student and UMich student hopeful <3

i messaged you!!

I can’t see it :frowning: apparently I need 15 posts/comments in order to private message ugh

MSU honors program with the extra mentor and study abroad money with research is a great deal. If he feels the fit is better compared to Michigan it’s a great program. I think it’s a hidden gem of a program and the head is indeed a great guy. You really only have great options. Good luck to your son.

2 Likes

Email right now and call Monday. You have a legit concern. Honors was deciding to extend the application date but didn’t make a decision as I called and asked for you guys. Be proactive. Good luck.

Ha, we loved the food on and off campus at UF (Mi Apa Latin Cafe on campus?! They had me at Cuban bowls). We are going to campus day at UMich tomorrow. Sometimes kids just know what they like so why fight it?

2 Likes