UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Does anyone know if RD waitlist decisions are rolling or if all decision notifications will come out at the same time, roughly mid-June

1 Like

Mid June.

My only hint is to forget about it and move on. If you win the lottery then you will have a choice. Until then get excited about your current choices.

Good Luck.

3 Likes

Interesting (or not) experience with U-M application for Fall 2023:

Parent of triplets. I’ve been reading these CC subs since my kids applied.

D23
Applied EA - Postponed 01/27/23
Accepted COE on 03/31/23
In-State
GPA: 3.95 UW
SAT/ACT: Applied Test Optional
AP’s: 2 - very few offered at the HS
Clubs/Sports: 7

D23
Waitlisted - LSA on 03/31/23
GPA: 3.9
SAT/ACT: Applied Test Optional
AP’s: 2
Clubs/Sports: 4
Rejecting waitlist offer to attend another university.

S23
He withdrew his application prior to RD to commit to another university.

For what it’s worth:

During EA decision week, the portal was unavailable several days prior to decisions being released.

During RD, the withdraw application button disappeared on both daughters portals.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if that 77 who were offered spots off the WL included the winter cohort or summer sports management immersion program? I would think no, but if so then that would be even less for regular fall admits off the WL.

Being offered the sophomore transfer option sounds great.

Just so I’m clear, your son was rejected in regular decision and never offered waitlist, but did receive the sophomore option in his rejection letter? And you’re not legacy.

The reason I’m asking for clarification is because I would have assumed if Umich is giving this option to regular decision declines, that they would definitely give it to future waitlist declines. In fact, if given the choice, I’d prefer a direct rejection with the sophomore option than a lottery-chance waitlist with no sophomore option.

As previously mentioned, this sounds like USC’s Trojan Transfer plan, but much less demanding on the required freshman gpa. USC wants 3.7 USC plan is also heavily skewed to the legacy group.

Us as well for SM. We will be on Monday info session. What are your initial feelings about it?

U-M sees steady increase in first-year, transfer applicants

https://record.umich.edu/articles/u-m-sees-steady-increase-in-2023-first-year-transfer-applicants/

Hi, I got an offer to apply to SMI Program, while the problem is that even I register for an info session I still have not receive a link to the info session. Did you get it? Also, there is nothing under my portal that I can use to apply to SMI.

We have not gotten the link for the info session yet. Tomorrow afternoon if we still don’t have it I will email the department to make sure we get it. We are really looking forward to the session.

1 Like

I would email them today. Get ahead of it so it can be answered early. Just saying. :wink:

I was hesitating due to it being Easter, so I will certainly email tomorrow. Are you familiar with the SMI program? Would love to hear your thoughts since you seem to be a true expert here.:pray:

1 Like

Thank you, also do you know the acceptance rate of this program? I want to be in this program so bad.

I don’t know the acceptance rate. I do know that you have to have been waitlisted to be eligible. Ideally, the info session will be super informative and clarify lots of things. Where are you from?

I come from China.

I got an email now.

I honestly don’t know a lot about this program. It seems people like it from what I here and the culture of excellence at Michigan leads me to believe it will be a great program. Do a deeper dive into the program and compare to your other choices. Talk on Facebook and other online Michigan groups to get a feel for the program.

2 Likes

Does anyone know about January start programs for those Waitlisted? DS’s friend who was WL during RD mentioned he applied to a January ‘24 start program and is waiting to hear.

Since no one else answered you - I am no expert and someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the January start programs are only in Kiniseology. If there are other schools who are doing that now, I am not aware.

I’m sorry that I missed the question. I’m also not aware of any school at Michigan offering a January start, but for the School of Kinesiology, specifically the programs of Sport Management and Movement Science.

https://www.kines.umich.edu/MAES

https://www.kines.umich.edu/academics/sport-management/undergraduate/immersion-program

2 Likes