UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Any other applicants not received a decision yet? I applied to Taubman as an Urban Tech major and have heard nothing.

1 Like

Most decisions from the waitlist occur in June, very few happen prior to that date. It seems that any decision that is made prior (and it is very few) are In-State.

1 Like

For those asking, last year I was deferred EA, waitlist RD and received the guarantee transfer letter/option as a sophomore when the waitlist closed in June.
I applied LSA - Biochemistry with Preferred Admission to Pharmacy.
I was considered a Sophomore upon application, 2 hours short of transferrable college credit to be considered a Junior.
I received constant communication this year from UMich and from the pharmacy department for enrollment and application.
I had to apply for a pharmacy entry when I enrolled for my Freshman year due to my hours completed and was accepted to my attending University, so I did not apply for transfer.

8 Likes

Congrats on your admit. Would love to get little more info on your background if you dont mind sharing. Thx. Congrats again!

3 Likes

My son, just got the letter, wondering if he would be interested in the programā€¦ I would love your thoughts on itā€¦ Not sure how likely it is that he will get in

Was she able to integrate ok with her class as far as umich lifeā€¦ can you rush as regular student in spring etc

Would love to hear more of your thoughts about the sports management immersion programā€¦

Has there been any activity off the waitlist?

1 Like

I donā€™t think we really know but itā€™s usually not until June.

Best adviceā€¦ Move on. Chances are better being hit my lighting twice. Do a deep dive on your acceptances and get excited to go there. Good luck.

Agreed. No one knows what will happen with WLā€™s this year - itā€™s become more and more unpredictable due to the overall increase in applications outstripping the increases in applicants - but itā€™s always a very long shot at best. Although I suspect Parent19767 knows that, and their kidā€™s already choosing from among their acceptances, since theyā€™ve gotta get a deposit and some paperwork in somewhere this week!

To Parent19767ā€™s question, there likely wonā€™t be any waitlist movement until sometime after May 1, when deposits are due, as the university wonā€™t know what their yield is until that point.

1 Like

Yep. May first will be all telling. I just donā€™t get a sense there will be lots of movement this year.

2 Likes

Anyone knew, how many students were offered waitlist?

1 Like

Go Blue!

1 Like

For this cycle? If so, then that information wonā€™t be available until the 2023-2024 CDS comes out later this year.

1 Like

Thank you.

did anyone get off the waitlist yet?

Some colleges with <2% WL acceptance last year seem to be accepting from WL already. Interesting to see what UMich does this week.

3 Likes

Do you think engineering waitlisters have a chance this year?

1 Like

My daughters friend was offered a spot off the Duke WL. So lets see what happens.

1 Like

My heart is broken too. This was all my DD wanted and it affected the rest of her college search. :frowning:

5 Likes