UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Son just off waitlist today. OOS. Going to be very confusing as we have all mentally moved on.
What are the disadvantages to committing this late in the game? Housing? Course selection? Have roommates already been announced?
Any advice is appreciated. Big decision ahead.

3 Likes

We were you exactly one week ago! Our son accepted UMich on Monday giving up UCSD.

4 Likes

Daughter just got off the waitlist yesterday OOS for LSA.

4 Likes

Welcome to University of Michigan for those making that decision. See
 Easy peasy
 The process wasn’t that bad, huh :wink:
 If you can afford it you won’t regret it
 Go Blue!

3 Likes

Son accepted to LSA yesterday. Any advice appreciated!

1 Like

Get on the private FB UMich parent group! So much good advice from others who’ve done it already. You’ll need to join class of 27 FB parent group them ask for an invitation to the other one.

1 Like

If any questions in general just ask also.

2 Likes

switched to umich!! wondering what are the disadvantages with housing (roommates) and course selection? i haven’t received any info about orientation or housing yet so would love to know what is happening for your son or if others who were off the waitlist could help answer!

1 Like

Setup your email/uniqname and get Wolverine Access. There should be emails with things to get done. We just started this process, so I don’t know all the things he has to do except for what I’ve read on FB and here on CC. Someone also just started a FB group for UMich 2027 Waitlist Admits so we can try to help each other catch up.

3 Likes

Well, for posterity sake, we had some students come off the WL on 6/29/2023, which is almost 4th of July weekend. :grinning:

3 Likes

Can confirm that. Our daughter was notified on 6/29. She’s deciding what to do. Has one week.

1 Like

Will there another wave?

2 Likes

Would calling or writing email help in getting off the waitlist?

Can’t hurt to go to the source.

We just checked, son is still on the waitlist. He is committed to OSU and very invested in being a Buckeye. Roomate is chosen, schedule is set. Part of just wants him to get the email that the waitlist is closed and move on. Michigan was his dream school. The Fisher presentation blew away my husband, who has worked on wall street for almost 30 years! How much longer can it be???

2 Likes

I have a rising senior at Michigan (not Ross), but went to admitted students day for fisher last year for my 2022. I agree with your husband — the kids that participated from Fisher were impressive and could compete against the best students at the best business schools in the country!

My 2022 chose a smaller business program elsewhere, but those Fisher kids left a big impression on me — truly the cream of the crop!

2 Likes

Did your student email the admissions office the letter of continued interests prior to getting off the waitlist?

yes - applied EA was deferred wrote a letter of continued interest was then waitlisted and sent an email to regional admissions counselor stating that umich is my top school and will accept it off the waitlist

Glad it worked out!

They told our child’s college counselor not to contact them beyond the transcript, and the intent to be on the waitlist.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like