UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

I’m in!!!
In state. Snail mail. :slight_smile:

does it say on UMKC pathway if you were admitted?

No nervousnilly, just via mail.

Accepted! OOS! Good luck all of you!!

oh, i got it by mail. big envelope. IM GOING! ia. good luck all!!

OOS
Waitlisted…
Congratz to all who got in!!

Could OOS people please post your state?

Accepted! Instate

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group so we can all get to know each other better.

Waitlisted, Illinois.

there is a fb group already: UMKC School of Medicine Class of 2017

ACCEPTED! from california

stats please for those accepted!

accepted. For the person asking about stats-I think I made a thread about it before. Aside from that-I noticed that this program places an emphasis on maturity/the ability to handle course-work in 6 years. Interview questions were fairly straight-forward-but you should have compelling reasons why you want to do it in 6 years. You can ask me if you have more questions. I personally liked miami hpm’s program more so I do not think I will be attending-most likely.

^do you mind posting your stats, though? :slight_smile: Just so I can get a feel for it, and is the Miami HPME guaranteed program? Is it good?

hello! i interviewed back in february and i havent recieved a letter yet. i was wondering if anyone has heard of any rejection letters being sent out? congrats to everyone that got in!!!

Um these are stats. I got a 32 on ACT and had a 4.27 from out of state. Two med internships/research over summers. Out of statw

^Good job! Congratz! R u planning to go there?

accepted. out of state (illinois)

4.9 gpa, 35 act. 800 math/physics sat 2, chem 710 (hadn’t even taken AP chem yet -.-)

is the program good oO? i like it but not sure if i’m gonna go. ugh. i hate decisions lol.

desigirl-um i guess my stats are 2280 SAT, 4.6 GPA, etc. I think you should focus on essays to get an interview though, after a while stats dont really matter. Also, its a lot harder to get in from out of state-at least according to the stats they showed us.

Miami HPM is a solid program. Its not first tier (along with NU, r/b), but I loved the med school-you get a ton of early clinical exposure. It’s all about fit in my opinion-it can be great to one person and terrible to another. To be honest, I didn’t like UMKC-and I dont think their match list is great for specialties, but you can be successful anywhere.

^did u take the act? did you submit it if you took it? Also, for the Miami HPME, do you need to take the MCAT?