UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Because we have a block schedule, I am taking 3 AP classes this year, and I can’t take more than that, because my schedule doesn’t fit. Also, the highest anyone usually takes is like a 7-9 APs. A girl who got into harvard had 9 APs total max, and I am 7.

^also, does it matter when u take AP classes? I didn’t take any in sophomore year, but I am taking 3 now- AP Bio, AP lang and comp and AP US History; I guess they are all tough courses. But, these bs/md programs will look at the TOTAL amount, not when you take them right?

hey there,
I am a 1st year in this program so I thought I would thumb through and answer some of your questions. I saw that someone was curious about the average ACT score. The average for my class was a 31.5 coming in. However, keep in mind that this average has a lot of variation in it. I have heard of scores in the mid-20s all the way to 35s. The point im trying to make is that scores are not everything. Good scores and grades are needed, but make sure that you are personable and well- rounded. Do not stress out was too much about the interview, the interviewers are really nice and try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Last year, when I interviewed I thought that I bombed my second interview, but when April rolled around I got an admission letter. You should hear about an interview in about mid- january. Some people told me they heard about their’s in late December, but I heard about mine around Jan. 20. If you have any other questions, I will try to periodically check this thread and see if I can answer them. Hope turning in the apps went well!!!

Well, I think she has the well-roundedness handled already and should concentrate on academics now. The interview is very important but can be worried about later. High scores never hurt, so it’s good to aim high.

@desigirl: I don’t think they particularly care about total amount or anything like that. They probably just want to see that you are challenging yourself by taking the hardest courses available. If those are all that it was possible for you to take, then that’s fine. They get your school’s profile, so they’ll know that you’re taking tough courses and still getting good grades.

@wildcat: Just out of curiosity, why did you think you had failed your interview?

^i also have a question: what AP classes did you take? Also, do you think the amount of volunteer hours I did makes me look really good?

^did you take the ACT? I honestly, can only get like a 2200s on the SAT, which is okay I guess, but I really hope I get like a 33 or 34 on the ACT, but mostly 33 seems reasonable for me.

The reason why I felt the interview went sour was because the last person to interview me started off a little awkward. I was kind of nervous so I did not feel like my answers were of very high quality. At the time it really bothered me, but the point I was trying to make is that you never really know what is going to happen with these types of admissions. Im also sitting with a friend here who really wants to give you guys some advice, so im gonna let him type… now. Do NOT worry about the interview until you have received a conformation email. Right now, just relax and enjoy your time in highschool. When interview season comes up, prepare, but do not stress. I personally did a mock interview with a doctor who interviews people for residency, and it was good experience to the type of questions and environment you will encounter during your interview. Remember, if being a doctor is what you want to do, then this a the right place for you to be. Good luck enjoy the rest of high school. To answer your question Desigirl, I took the 8 AP’s in high school. On my ACT I got a 32, and had a 4.54 (weighted) and 4.0 (unweighted). I was very active in extracurriculars like Student Council, 4-H, NHS, cello, sports, community service; things of that sort.

Hey guys, I thought I would put up my experience because it’s a little unique. Im a 2nd year now and I got waitlisted out of high school. I went to mizzou for a year and applied again and got in. Under this are my application stats (I retook my ACT for the 2nd application, it was a 34 before)

ACT

SAT 2340

Mizzou GPA 4.0

EC’s

Piano for 12 years (I’m asian, what can I say -_-)
Varsity Tennis and Cross Country (5th at state in missouri for tennis)
Student Council President
Boys State (National Level)
550 shadowing hours (my dad’s a physician)
400+ community service hours at my church

NG14916,

when did you send in your undergrad application? I’m trying to figure out when I should expect an acceptance letter.

and on pathway that I’ve been periodically checking, all of my stuff is in except they are still processing my transcript. It’s been processing for a while now

did anyone else have that problem?

and desigirl, reelllaaxxx! you’re not even close to applying and you’ve got more than enough time during the summer to research programs. Focus on getting As in your APs and doing well on the SATs/ACT.

Does UMKC and do 7 year medical programs in general see your first marking period grades or your semester grades for senior year?

I would say no just because most application deadlines are before the first grading period is over

but they probably do ask for Mid-year reports and a final one too

@maani9422

I emailed admissions and they said that your transcript will say “in progress” because you haven’t yet completed your courses for senior year. Your entire high school transcript is not yet completed.

oh okay…so if that’s the only part of my app that is still processing then technically they have everything?

i called the admissions office they said yeah, I have everything even though my transcript says in process

@maani: I got my materials in for the October 15th deadline and got my acceptance about a week ago. I’m not sure when you’ll get your response for undergrad.

i thought the deadline was Nov 1…

The deadline was Nov 1, but you get an earlier notification for the October 15th deadline.

can u guys post ur stats if u applied to this program please?